• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mass Effect 3 Demo

Seamonk

Female Shepard is still better than male Shepard, classes seem to have a little more "adjustablility" it seems with different tech paths, combat is fairly similar to ME2 but at least in the second half of the demo was better at not telegraphing when you are going to face opponents. The Kinect integration is actually kind of neat and works well in albeit limited practice.

MP just seems like a horde mode type deal. Something to play when you're trying to burn some time. No one is gonna buy ME3 for Multiplayer, it's just a bonus.

I am going to enjoy the hell out of it though. Being able to play as a Turian is something I've wanted to do since the first game.

I have to admit, playing the MP, it's actually pretty fun and challenging.

There are some flaws though. it uses user-hosting so when the host leaves it has to find a new host and restart the wave. The cover system is still finicky where you use the spacebar too much and end up magnetizing to a wall when you wanna dodgeroll. Other than that it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to the game.

On a side note, for those of you with the mp unlocked(you just need to have activated your bf3 multiplayer code), make sure you check the store and redeem the free starter kit. You get a krogan soldier and some xp. Kind of important since you start off with basically nothing.

Another Note: the MP is non-story (at least in the demo) so don't be afraid to download the demo and try it out. You won't have to worry about spoiling yourself.

Female Shepard is still better than male Shepard, classes seem to have a little more "adjustablility" it seems with different tech paths, combat is fairly similar to ME2 but at least in the second half of the demo was better at not telegraphing when you are going to face opponents. The Kinect integration is actually kind of neat and works well in albeit limited practice.

I agree. I enjoyed playing female Shepard more than male Shepard. I don't know why I just think female Shepard is more bad a##.

Archived