• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to root for 2k12 edition

Sapper

It seems like the last 3 years have come down to a creation of this type of thread.

I still hold out hope for a playoff run (especially after how they played against the Caps).

So for 2/22 there is only really one relevant game and that is Senators/Caps.

Ottawa is 13 pts ahead of us and holds the season series at 2-1...so basically non-catchable.

We own a 2-1 advantage over Washington and trail by 6 so root for the Sens tonight :)

I don't think Boston can catch the NYR for 1st overall, but I am still rooting for the Bruins to beat the Blues tonight because I would love to play the Bruins in the first round.

Tonight February 23rd, we could use the following...

San Jose Sharks win over the Toronto Maple Leafs

Minnesota Wild win over the Florida Panthers

Tampa Bay Lightning win over the Winnipeg Jets

AND of Course

Carolina Hurricanes win over the Anaheim Ducks

If all of the following happens tonight, the Hurricanes will stand 6 points out of 8th place in the conference and 6 points out of the division lead which would give them 3rd place in the conference.

Minnesota beats Florida 3-2 in SO.

The Jets are in cruise control vs. the Panthers and have that game in hand.

After the games tonight.

Winnipeg takes control of the Southeast division and Florida moves down to 8th knocking Toronto out of the playoffs at the moment.

The Canes did pick up a point and have jumped Montreal in the standings even though they have the same number of points.

February 24th Edition

Montreal Canadians @ Washington Capitals (No matter what the outcome is, the Canes get help. Canadians Win Pros: they keep Washington really close to us in the Southeast Division Standings. Canadian Win Cons: Montreal would knock us back down to last place in the Eastern Conference. Capitals Win Pros: We would remain above the Canadians in the standings. Capitals Win Cons: The Capitals would create a little more distance between them and us in the Southeast Division. Either way, we will get some sort of help.)

Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres (We're rooting for Boston in this one. With a Boston win, they get closer to the number one seed which would set up a favorable match up between them and us if we are able to get the eighth seed and with a Boston win they keep Buffalo only one point ahead of us in the Eastern Conference Standings.)

Edit: I was trying to get this done as fast as I could this morning and left out a game.

We could use a New York Rangers win over the New York Islanders

That's all for tonight!!!

Another big one tonight.

3/1/2012

Bruins over Devils

Wild over Habs

Flyers over Islanders

Panthers over Jets (always applying to football of course :) )

Sharks over Sabres

andddd Canes over Rangers

the Canucks/Blues game will be a fun one to watch though it doesn't effect us.

Archived