• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Its official

Madden has RUINED the minds of sports fans. Why can't people just shut up and think a little bit. You can't go sign every free agent every offseason. Every single year there are one million posts about how Hurney sucks, we never sign people, etc. How about STFU and chill out. Why not join the bandwagon of the cowboys, or redskins? They go out and sign top free agents almost every year. They also lose almost every year. Smart teams, such as the Pats and Steelers built their teams primarily through the draft.

Now, why would they do this? Because you can get good quality for a good price, rather than good quality for a WAY to large of a price. That allows you to resign your core. Who are the Carolina Panthers core? Cam, Beason, Johnson, Gamble, Gross, and new ones to be added in the draft. Hurney is not overrated. He is not an idiot. He is also not bankrupting our team like the majority of posters would do if they were in his position.

Signing free agents is fun and exciting. I wish we had made a few bids at a few players. However, that being said, it is stupid to posts threads about how Hurney sucks because he didn't go sign this guy and that guy. That is not reality. And the few teams that do that, rarely win that way.

I understand some are disappointed because we didn't sign another big name to the team. But don't rip the FO because of it. Always remember that

A) we could be stuck with the Raiders FO (who are idiots)

and B) we are on the way to success and we don't need big FA's to get there. We just need a little more time and one or two good drafts.

So please stop talking about how stupid the Panthers are for goodness sakes. Thanks.

Fans have always thought they knew better than the team.

why just a year ago how many did not want Cam Newton? (rhetorical question)

Stop thinking a video game or the internet has made fans...fans. Fans are much more in touch with the team and the NFL in general, so it's easy to think things are not moving fast enough.

let them moan and groan and we make fun of them...that, that's what the internet is for.

Good post.

I dont think our FO sucks...I just wish we would have at least made a ripple in the bidding process. Everything is mum from the FO on what we are doing in the FA, which is an advantage in my book.

From everything I read we have been out bid on everybody without even bidding...

Archived