• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

Wow, King Taharqa...so anybody who presents their argument (logically and politely, I might add) and doesn't share your opinion on the situation "...(doesn't) love Charlotte"? I'm a huge B**Cats fan and a Charlotte Native. I've supported them from the start...financially and otherwise. I happen to think a rebrand would be the best for all parties involved.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever met anyone in any hurry to "canonize" or "deify" Mr. Shinn. Both here and NOLA, it's quite the opposite in my experience.

And as for the rest of your 'spirited' little diatribe...I hardly think it warrants a response. All I can say: thanks for making the pro-Hornets constituency look better by comparison :)

I've been dealing with it for a while, bro.

The bobcats are a terrible team, franchise, and organization from top to bottom. Have fun watching an 8 win team the next three years. deal with that.

as opposed to the Hornets who are doing so well with their awesome name lmao

I never lived here during the Hornets heyday, so I can't relate to the passion for the name that some people have. To me, it's just a name. When the Bobcats made their 09/10 playoff run there was an excitement about the team that this city hasn't experienced before (or really since). That's what's most important to me. I want to see them excel on the court... They could call them the Charlotte Queens for all I care if that meant they won. My buddies and I would still be in our seats.

I never lived here during the Hornets heyday, so I can't relate to the passion for the name that some people have. To me, it's just a name. When the Bobcats made their 09/10 playoff run there was an excitement about the team that this city hasn't experienced before (or really since). That's what's most important to me. I want to see them excel on the court... They could call them the Charlotte Queens for all I care if that meant they won. My buddies and I would still be in our seats.

Yeah I gotta admit, I got excited for the Bobcats playoff games.

Then they made Jameer Nelson look like Magic Johnson in one of the most unwatchable playoff series in the history of the NBA.

Bobcats had a GOLDEN opportunity to grab the city by the balls and capitalize on the attention. Panthers were bad. Fans were still pissed off about the Cardinals/Jake game. Bobcats blew it, and they aren't going to have an opporunity like that now for at least a couple seasons.

I honestly feel bad for Anthony Davis who is going to rot here before leaves via trade or FA.

My money don't support sh1t from the bobcats. haven't been to a game in over 2 years. don't see myself going anytime soon, either.

You probably live in Fayetville or Lumberton.

the gf is a teacher, and they basically give bobcats tix away to CMS employees. I took some from her because I was out of toilet paper.

Anyone who does not respect the folklore and historic reference that the Hornets have in the Charlotte area doesn't deserve to pull for the hornets. In fact, pull for the Bobcats because we don't want you to root for our beloved hornets. And like I said, they are probably from like Shelby, Lumberton, Statesville, or Fayetville. What's even a bigger joke is they commute to go watch the terrible bobcats.

The Bobcats are a laughing stock, and with fans like KT, they will only continue to be a joke.

I hope the Bobcats lose every game they compete in, and one day, hopefully, they will be dissolved from the NBA or move. I hate hockey but I'd trade the bobcats for the 'canes everyday of the week. What's really funny is I'd bet the Canes would have more sell outs here.

I've been dealing with it for a while, bro.

The bobcats are a terrible team, franchise, and organization from top to bottom. Have fun watching an 8 win team the next three years. deal with that.

Yeah I gotta admit, I got excited for the Bobcats playoff games.

Then they made Jameer Nelson look like Magic Johnson in one of the most unwatchable playoff series in the history of the NBA.

Bobcats had a GOLDEN opportunity to grab the city by the balls and capitalize on the attention. Panthers were bad. Fans were still pissed off about the Cardinals/Jake game. Bobcats blew it, and they aren't going to have an opporunity like that now for at least a couple seasons.

I honestly feel bad for Anthony Davis who is going to rot here before leaves via trade or FA.

yeah guys lets hire another recycled, washed up coach.

Heres an idea for your avatar

eeyore2.gif

The people who want the Hornets arent Bobcats fans, some arent even NBA fans. These folks and the Hornets have done nothing for Charlotte this millenium. NOTHING! But revise history, canonize and deify a rapist owner and his wack ass franchise that moved away. And in a spoiled brat kind of way try marginalize the Bobs contributions to our community. Purple and teal is about,as fruity and feminine a color scheme you gone get, no ones scared of gay purple bees. Dudes see a couple snapbacks at Foot Locker and think the Hornets brand is strong. LMAO. I feel sorry for the people who've pitched in to support Charlottes team the Bobcats only to be told they mean nothing and should be erased from memory to please a few entitled grandiose non-fans. MrTD even said he dont supprt the cats so why should his opinion matter? People in Charlotte who dickride a franchise in New Orleans really and truly dont love Charlotte.

shawshank38.jpg

OBTUSE.

The Charlotte Hornets gave me more pride for my home town than anything else. To see them leave was devastating. The Bobcats can never replace the feeling of pride and nostalgia. After they left Charlotte I lost interest in the NBA. I love basketball but there is no other team I enjoy pulling for (including the Bobcats). Support to bring the name back to Charlotte does not mean I want to "canonize and deify a rapist owner". I mean seriously KT? Thats the stupidest thing Ive seen written on this board. Dumber than TRD's posts.

"Purple and teal is about,as fruity and feminine a color scheme you gone get, no ones scared of gay purple bees". You were obviously never a Hornets fan.

"People in Charlotte who dickride a franchise in New Orleans really and truly dont love Charlotte." Dickride a franchise??

No better feeling then sitting at the "Hive" with my father watching the computer animated hornets fly from Cape Hatteras across NC and land in the coliseum. If the Hornets were back in Charlotte they would have my support.

I never lived in Charlotte, but i recall there heyday. I live in Durham NC, Hornets games would always be on TV here, Hornets represented more the Charlotte alone represented the whole state. Was easy to cheer for them even during their down and out years.

The Bobcats fail to do that so why should I support them more then i do? I wish them well, I never pull against them. But i won't commute 3 hours to attend a game when they ignore the rest of the state, rather save that money to attend more Panthers games.

For those of you claiming to be a Charlotte fan but refuse to have Hornets name back, are you going pull against them if it happens?

i do agree with the point that its kinda sad to see a bunch of 20+ year olds who cant handle growing up and get all nostalgic over a basketball team name and want to take it away from the kids who do love the Bobcats now. get over it. if you dont support Charlotte basketball now because of a NAME, who cares what you think anyway?

i do agree with the point that its kinda sad to see a bunch of 20+ year olds who cant handle growing up and get all nostalgic over a basketball team name and want to take it away from the kids who do love the Bobcats now. get over it. if you dont support Charlotte basketball now because of a NAME, who cares what you think anyway?

Atleast this is a reasonable argument. I got over it years ago. But, I still think that bringing the name back would be the best thing for the franchise. Well maybe winning some games would help too.

For me personally, I dont support the Bobcats because they never interested me. I moved from Charlotte about 8 years ago. I still love the Panthers and I would still love the Hornets because the memories of going to Panther and Hornets games are what ties me to my hometown. Just my $.02

Archived