• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

The Hornets name is more then just a name to lots of folks.

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

When i was a kid in early 90s my dad took me to quite few Hornets game. I'll alway remember when they open the doors to the arena (which was known as The Hive) for fans to get there sets you could here buzzing from the speakers and it made it feel you was really in a bee hive. and the fans was loud! was special, good memory.

I really hope MJ is trying bring the Hornets name back home where it belongs. I'll always be a Charlotte Hornets!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

There are so many stories like this of people remembering games when they were young. Now these kids are adults with incomes and kids of thier own. I wouldn't rule out an increase in season ticket sales based solely off the name change..if that is what is happening.

Personally, I am torn. The 'Cats name/colors/etc have grown on me over the years. I am going to support whatever the basketball team is called..namely because it says "Carolina" or "Charlotte."

The NBA isn't the NFL. In order for the Bobcats to be good they have to suck horribly and get very high draft picks. They can't turn it around in a couple years like the Panthers did or any NFL team can. It's a superstar league.

MJ is on the right track..he has hired some pretty smart basketball minds recently and worked his ass off to turn a sinking ship into something salvageable. I don't get the unnecessary hate that non Bobcats fans have on the team. The ones who must come in here and say "I don't give a rats ass about the Bobcats!!!!!" - whats the point of even posting? Either you like the NBA or you don't.

Thunder have a worse name than Bobcats but you dont hear about it because they win. I'd much rather MJ invest this money into scouting/development/free agency than a worthless name change that still leaves us with a garbage product

The Thunder/Sonics sucked for years then got extremely lucky with Durant then still sucked for 2 years before turning the corner after adding 3 top 5 picks. That is what Charlotte is trying to do. Its the only way these small market teams can compete

The people who want the Hornets arent Bobcats fans, some arent even NBA fans. These folks and the Hornets have done nothing for Charlotte this millenium. NOTHING! But revise history, canonize and deify a rapist owner and his wack ass franchise that moved away. And in a spoiled brat kind of way try marginalize the Bobs contributions to our community. Purple and teal is about,as fruity and feminine a color scheme you gone get, no ones scared of gay purple bees. Dudes see a couple snapbacks at Foot Locker and think the Hornets brand is strong. LMAO. I feel sorry for the people who've pitched in to support Charlottes team the Bobcats only to be told they mean nothing and should be erased from memory to please a few entitled grandiose non-fans. MrTD even said he dont supprt the cats so why should his opinion matter? People in Charlotte who dickride a franchise in New Orleans really and truly dont love Charlotte.

I'm fairly indifferent to the situation. If we get the name back, cool. If not, so be it.

I won't go to the games regardless of name unless they start winning.

I do not want them to bring back the name the Cougars though. I was born in Charlotte and I'd never heard of the Cougars until this season.

Anyone who does not respect the folklore and historic reference that the Hornets have in the Charlotte area doesn't deserve to pull for the hornets. In fact, pull for the Bobcats because we don't want you to root for our beloved hornets. And like I said, they are probably from like Shelby, Lumberton, Statesville, or Fayetville. What's even a bigger joke is they commute to go watch the terrible bobcats.

The Bobcats are a laughing stock, and with fans like KT, they will only continue to be a joke.

I hope the Bobcats lose every game they compete in, and one day, hopefully, they will be dissolved from the NBA or move. I hate hockey but I'd trade the bobcats for the 'canes everyday of the week. What's really funny is I'd bet the Canes would have more sell outs here.

Anyone who does not respect the folklore and historic reference that the Hornets have in the Charlotte area doesn't deserve to pull for the hornets. In fact, pull for the Bobcats because we don't want you to root for our beloved hornets. And like I said, they are probably from like Shelby, Lumberton, Statesville, or Fayetville. What's even a bigger joke is they commute to go watch the terrible bobcats.

The Bobcats are a laughing stock, and with fans like KT, they will only continue to be a joke.

I hope the Bobcats lose every game they compete in, and one day, hopefully, they will be dissolved from the NBA or move. I hate hockey but I'd trade the bobcats for the 'canes everyday of the week. What's really funny is I'd bet the Canes would have more sell outs here.

the Hornets packed up and left bro. deal with it. The Bobcats actually want to be here. Thats good enough for me

Yup, I'm pretty sure we can't even have an ACC tourny at the arena because it is way too small. It is way smaller than the old Coliseum. I was just having this discussion with someone that works at the arena last night.

Charlotte hosted the 2008 ACC Tournament (in addition to the 2008 NCAA Regionals) at TWC Arena and will likely have it again in the coming years. The team and city have recently stated they will be pursuing such. The ACC came away with great reviews so I doubt they'll have any problems landing it again (I think 2016 is the next available year). And as far as the Final Four goes, the old Coliseum would not be able to host it today. The NCAA, as of 2009, requires 70,000 seats to host the event. So you'd need 3 Charlotte Coliseums for that.

"My dad took me to Hornets games 20 years ago"

Guess what? There are dads taking their kids to Cats games today. But of course they dont matter. Screw these kids today I want my team back!!!!

MrTD probablly thinks theres a lot of folklore and connection in the confederate battle flag too. Some folks are stuck in the past

I am a Carolina/Charlotte fan, any teams in NC i'll pull for, but i rather have Hornets name and that don't mean im a fan of the former Charlotte Hornets owner. I don't know if you to young or just don't remember that when his sex scandal/rape of a cheerleader the fanbase took a major nose dive, even went as far as trying to make him sell the Hornets to someone else before we build new arena, and thats what made him to move but still got forced out, only if it happened few years earlier we'll still have Hornets'

When it comes time to resign our rookies to new deal MJ will just trade them just like he did to our only playoff team because he's cheap, and we'll just be in same position we are now.

Archived