• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Chapman [Nt, Alabama]

Mage

It's a shame this guy hasn't been discussed much in the media despite already being what Poe still isn't (an elite run stuffer) but is a guy that would add so much to our team.

At 6'1 and 310, he has a great, wide body. He is, in my opinion, without a doubt the best 3-4 nosetackle and run stuffer in this draft, alongside Brandon Thompson (another prospect who I'd love who is getting ignored by the media). We all know the nosetackle position is one of, if not the most, important part of a 3-4 defense and get this. Chapman, and effectively, manned one of the greatest college defenses in history on a torn ACL and meniscus. That is toughness.

Unfortunately, he will likely have to start his rookie season on PUP due to just now getting surgery. But would anyone here be opposed to him in the second round? It's a shame he doesn't play a glamorous position or put up eye popping stats because what he can add to a run defense is tremendous. He would also help us if we ever decided to transition into a 3-4 defense. There's been comparisons made to Casey Hampton, who has anchored one of the best defenses in the league for 11 seasons now. If we could get someone like that in the 2nd or 3rd round (which it's possible he might fall to), it would be a dream. He's partially the reason why I'd prefer to not go defensive tackle in the first round if possible as I think we could ****** either one of Thompson or Chapman in the 2nd.

Last year I though Jurrell Casey was the next Casey Hampton.. turns out I was right. Wish we drafted him instead of McClain in the 3rd round. That being said, I think Josh Chapman is the next Jurrell Casey, and I think we could get him in the 3rd, if we somehow get a 3rd for JStew.

Archived