• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unintended Consequences Of The Pass-Oriented Nfl?

mr beauxjangles

Ive wondered the same thing. I thought it would be hilarious seeing a power run team line up against someone like Green Bay.

I think there has to be a healthy mix of athletes and defenses. People will just gradually increase in size and speed though. In the end it will still be a balance game between rushing and passing.

Ive wondered the same thing. I thought it would be hilarious seeing a power run team line up against someone like Green Bay.

I think there has to be a healthy mix of athletes and defenses. People will just gradually increase in size and speed though. In the end it will still be a balance game between rushing and passing.

There will always be a need for some balance. But with the rules in place to lay off QBs and hands off WRs..... there isn't much the guys covering them can do to counter that handicap. Be better? WRs/QBs can do that as well.

I think you're going to see the introduction of the "multi-QB" teams this year in NY with the Jets. Everybody is blasting them in the media, and the big debate is when will The Golden Calf of Bristol start?

The reality is that they will be successful in doing this when it's all said and done, and in a few years this will be way more prevalent throughout the League.

This opinion of mine will not be popular, or even agreed with... But you're about to see this Jets thing work in a BIG way.

As a New York resident I'm going to have to disagree with you. Jets went into "win now" mode before they had a good quarterback. Now all that talent that came in with Rex is aging and getting injury prone. The entire state despises Sanchez. For years they had been coughing up draft picks for players and to move up in the draft- they literally have no depth and many of those guys they traded up for ended up being less than stellar.

I see them playing musical quarterbacks all season, The Golden Calf of Bristol winning out in the end and them fighting with the Dolphins for 3rd place in the division.

I wouldn't say easily. Our other runners averaged over 5 yards per carry. Thats pretty effective.

In addition to the nice ypc..... Cam also coveted more 3 downs than any RB in the NFL and found the endzones with ease. I would say he was easily the most effective part of our ground attack.

Archived