• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Does Training Camp Start This Year?

teeray

I live in Raleigh and am going to try and go to some of the training camp this year. I need to find accommodations but realize I have no idea when training camp begins other than it will be in the latter part of July.

Anyone know when they start practice at Wofford this year??

they won't post that for another couple months.....at least not the actual days.

if you want to plan it's probably safe to assume that the first half of august is when it's going on. just make sure that it's not a date that the panthers are playing an away game. also plan on the 2nd saturday of TC to be fanfest in charlotte. they usually don't practice on sundays, but they have stuff going on every other day of the week.

i would advise against going on the weekend...too crowded.

they won't post that for another couple months.....at least not the actual days.

if you want to plan it's probably safe to assume that the first half of august is when it's going on. just make sure that it's not a date that the panthers are playing an away game. also plan on the 2nd saturday of TC to be fanfest in charlotte. they usually don't practice on sundays, but they have stuff going on every other day of the week.

i would advise against going on the weekend...too crowded.

Thanks!!

I don't know your situation but there are tons of state parks in the Greenville-Spartanburg area. If you enjoy camping you could save quite a few bucks.

pffft... sleeping in nature... no. Unless they have Temperpedic mattresses, cable television, and continental breakfast in the woods then I'm not interested.

#snob

pffft... sleeping in nature... no. Unless they have Temperpedic mattresses, cable television, and continental breakfast in the woods then I'm not interested.

#snob

Hah your way of thinking is funny to me. The first thing I thought of when you said Spartanburg and hotel was a dump.

I'll be going to a few sessions this year. What kind of sucks (for fans, that is) is that there are no more two-a-days. I used to love going down for a morning session, heading out to grab lunch/catch a movie, then be back in time for the evening practice and head home afterward. If this year follows suit with last, it'll be either a morning or afternoon session every day. Still a great time. Probably it will be more crowded than normal because of the Cam revolution, so I would also recommend going down on a weekday.

Hah your way of thinking is funny to me. The first thing I thought of when you said Spartanburg and hotel was a dump.

2nded...not a fan of spartanburg...esp. when g'vlile is so close by.

you go to spartanburg for TC and the beacon. the rest of the time you should be in greenville. much better town to be in. better food. better parks. better downtown. very much worth the extra 30(?) minutes to get there.

Archived