• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Move the fans back, and let us race"....?

PanthersAlv

I know that it's not safe for the drivers to be flipped wildly around, and getting hit int eh drivers side door, or anything like that.

But, I wanna kinda throw out something that was kinda just a Line before, said by Dale Earnhardt Sr. "Move the fans back, and let us race".

it was more about the changes with the plate on the cars to slow them down, because of the wreck in the 80's.

But, at Dega, don't ya feel that might be a brilliant idea? I mean, since the stands are about a car width from the catch fence. Of course that's gonna be an issue if a car happens to be lifted into the catch fense as Carl was.

I'm not say'n don't change things to the cars or things of that nature, because I beleive that when it comes to the saftey of the drivers, that's a big big big issue as well.

So, why not move the stands back? I know it'll cost money and all that... but, being it is a safety issue. Isn't it worth the money to not be the track where a fan got killed when a piece of sheet metal or a spring gets thru the fence after it's torn up?

Just a thought I had while at work here... What do you all think?

I think its a good idea....But i dont think it well help much at talladega. Something has to be done about the cars. What i do not know...i am no auto mechanic or engineer. I just know when you have 43 3500 pound objects going 200 mph meer feet apart....something is going to happen.

Few people agree, but I have always said leave the cars as is and just remove the restrictor plates. The cars would be much faster, but I doubt the packs that are so prevalent in restrictor plate racing would form.

the prices at the track are reverse of the BOA and such... the higher up the seats, the more expensive they are at NASCAR races. you see more.

So not only do yo not see all the race, you get hit with dust and debris normally... then when/if something like Carl's wreck happens, you can end up hurt.

They've said if you take the plate off the cars, they'd moving so fast on that track that they'd be hard to drive.

but then again that take into account a smaller tire, and a larger spoiler would also put more wear on the tires, and at any speed on that track... above 180, a driver could very easily blow a tire and flip is the conditions were right. (that kinda go for anywhere now even really)

I like the idea of make'n the fence larger, but, they'd have to be taller, and the posts would have to be closer.

the biggest issue it the debris from the track make'n it to the seats mostly... We've seen those fences hit many times in the past few years on large crashes (Ricky Craven, Geoff Bodine, Carl Edwards this past weekend) the fense did what it needed to... it's the debris that made it through the fencing that was the issue (or over... as that hoos from I think it was Ervin's car when there was a wreck on the back strech once... I wanna say it was one Dale Sr. was in.

I dunno... I'm not an engineer... but, those are soem of my thoughts on it all.

Archived