• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

So would the two lannister swords still work then since they were reforged?  

​I would think so... In the books, at least, it notes that it takes a specially skilled blacksmith to rework Valyrian steel...

"Organically" is Hollywood speak for winging it as you go.  Useless and misappropriated word.  As I've said earlier, the first few books were great, but as it continues onward his roots as a TV writer/editor are coming out and he can't seem to find a way to end it so he meanders until he bumbles into something that can be passed off as an ending.  Comedy bits have this problem as well as complex dramas.  

And it's nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already-on this particular character-made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions," shared Martin

This is the one thing that bothers me.  And god forbid something big happens in the books that doesn't happen in the show, or vice versa.  I mean the show could kill off Jaime while Martin keeps him alive.  When I read books or watch TV shows I like to be drawn into it, but things like this really break immersion for me.

"Organically" is Hollywood speak for winging it as you go.  Useless and misappropriated word.  As I've said earlier, the first few books were great, but as it continues onward his roots as a TV writer/editor are coming out and he can't seem to find a way to end it so he meanders until he bumbles into something that can be passed off as an ending.  Comedy bits have this problem as well as complex dramas.  

Uh what? How do you know he can't seem to find a way to end it...we are far from the end. Let alone all the prophecies and foreshadowing of multiple theories throughout the entire series. I think he's known from very early on the end game of GoT.

Are you a writer? If not I think you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the creative process.

Archived