• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Job Advice.....to Lie Or Not To Lie....

ChefAdam

No I would not tell the full time employer anything about it. My only concern would be what happens if my full time job ask me to stay late, work additional hours etc... that interfere with my part time job. So I would let the part time job know.

This is the advice you should follow.

No I would not tell the full time employer anything about it. My only concern would be what happens if my full time job ask me to stay late, work additional hours etc... that interfere with my part time job. So I would let the part time job know.

I'm with DDII & Tensor on this one. Don't tell the Full Time, but let the Part Time know.

When I was in real estate, because it's so cyclic, I had a part time job as a Sales Associate for Dell Computer at Carolina Place Mall. I told them mright up front that I was a real estate agent. They said they were happy to work around my schedule.

I thought you were going to say something about lying on your resume. I had a friend that did that. It got him the job, and then after that he never had to lie again because he actually had experience. Risky? definitely, but it worked out well for him.

Thanks for all the advice.....I got the part time job and they are understanding of my schedule with my full time job.....They know that FT comes first. Its also good because i wont have to close every night either...Its a two to three hour difference....11pm or 230 am....

I ended up letting my full time job know.....my boss was I dont care as long as it does not interfere with here. As long as you are own time and can do the work....Im Cool with it......Its nice to know that not all people in management are asses

Archived