• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats 1st Round-Pick #2 SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

With how Dunlap presses these guys (not that I don't like his style of game), and how he throws his body around, I'll be surprised if Gilchrist plays 50 games this season.

And this guy still talking. I mean enough already. You're just making yourself looks worst each time you say something. I'm waiting for that 51st game and then you know it, I'm rubbing it in your face. Get ready.

And this guy still talking. I mean enough already. You're just making yourself looks worst each time you say something. I'm waiting for that 51st game and then you know it, I'm rubbing it in your face. Get ready.

I base nothing about myself on what other people think about me, so how I "look" to others isn't a factor in what I think or say. Gilchrist will be hurt much more than Wallace was, guaranteed. The season is 82 games. Both he and Dunlap are going to have to pull back some before it's over, or they're going to tear up anything good they had a chance to build.

The most intense guys normally just live in the moment. They don't think ahead. It's 100% and 100mph all the time. That's how Gilchrist plays, and that's the style of game Dunlap coaches. I like the effort, but you can't press like that for 82 games, and you can't throw your body around when that's what you make your living off of.

At some point, skill (like being able to consistently put the ball in the basket without having to "ATTACK") is going to win out, because "effort" is going to run itself ragged. That's when Gilchrist's development will matter. You can look great at first when you're athletically gifted, and you play hard, but it'll catch up to you eventually.

I'm not being "critical", just realistic. "Fans" can't be rational, so I wouldn't refer to myself as one.

I base nothing about myself on what other people think about me, so how I "look" to others isn't a factor in what I think or say. Gilchrist will be hurt much more than Wallace was, guaranteed. The season is 82 games. Both he and Dunlap are going to have to pull back some before it's over, or they're going to beat down anything good they have a chance to build.

MKG is probably the hardest worker on this young bobcats team already and hes a rookie.

I guaranteed hes smart enough, without anyone asking to get physically fit to play against bigger SF.

If Kemba were able to play 66 games last year and Kyrie Irving starting 51 games, despite the different position they played, I dont see how MKG cant play 51 games just to prove your idiotic argument wrong.

MKG is probably the hardest worker on this young bobcats team already and hes a rookie.

I guaranteed hes smart enough, without anyone asking to get physically fit to play against bigger SF.

If Kemba were able to play 66 games last year and Kyrie Irving starting 51 games, despite the different position they played, I dont see how MKG cant play 51 games just to prove your idiotic argument wrong.

Edited:

TheOracle:

I base nothing about myself on what other people think about me, so how I "look" to others isn't a factor in what I think or say. Gilchrist will be hurt much more than Wallace was, guaranteed. The season is 82 games. Both he and Dunlap are going to have to pull back some before it's over, or they're going to tear up anything good they had a chance to build.

The most intense guys normally just live in the moment. They don't think ahead. It's 100% and 100mph all the time. That's how Gilchrist plays, and that's the style of game Dunlap coaches. I like the effort, but you can't press like that for 82 games, and you can't throw your body around when that's what you make your living off of.

At some point, skill (like being able to consistently put the ball in the basket without having to "ATTACK") is going to win out, because "effort" is going to run itself ragged. That's when Gilchrist's development will matter. You can look great at first when you're athletically gifted, and you play hard, but it'll catch up to you eventually.

I'm not being "critical", just realistic. "Fans" can't be rational, so I wouldn't refer to myself as one.

I never said 82 games. I said he can play 51 games to prove your comment wrong. It starting to sounds like you wanna take your words back. Sometime, its better to think before saying something idiotic like that, or you could just say you were wrong. Its okay oracle, everyone cant tell the future, but not being able to play 50 games is ridiculous.

I never said 82 games. I said he can play 51 games to prove your comment wrong. It starting to sounds like you wanna take your words back. Sometime, its better to think before saying something idiotic like that, or you could just say you were wrong. Its okay oracle, everyone cant tell the future, but not being able to play 50 games is ridiculous.

If it's sounds like I want to "take my words back" then you're hearing what you want to hear. I haven't said anything to "take back" first of all, because I never said that Gilchrist would be a "bust". I've always said he can't shoot well and he will have a hard time staying healthy throughout his career because of his style of play.

Nothing I've said today is different than anything I've said before.

If it's sounds like I want to "take my words back" then you're hearing what you want to hear. I haven't said anything to "take back" first of all, because I never said that Gilchrist would be a "bust". I've always said he can't shoot well and he will have a hard time staying healthy throughout his career because of his style of play.

Nothing I've said today is different than anything I've said before.

Okay. Okay

I was on the MKG bandwagon since I saw his huge dunk on Portland (reminds me of the breakaway dunk last night).

But let's remember, this is the Summer League (it's about the equivalent to the NFL preseason). There are no LeBron James', Dwayne Wades', Carmelo Anthonys', or Andre Iguodalas' out there.

After-all, Sean May and Adam Morrison made the 2006 NBA Summer League First Team.

Regardless, it looks like MKG and Taylor are keepers.

• 3 months later...

Archived