• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From here on out predictions...

Spike

about the 5: that was said to be the dead car of the hendrick group after last year, the busch blowup and all. personally i never thought so. its rick hendrick, he fields the best cars, and people buy top notch from him, why have a sub quality car and teams? others thought mark was done as he couldnt do as well last year as a part timer in jrs old ride. goes to show how seat time and top car helps a good driver. also shows that a good car and team wont do well without a good driver (mears in the 07, 5, 42).
In my mind, there has always been a dead car of HMS, it's just hasn't been the same operation every year. The 25 car when it was driven by Nadeau, Nemechek, and Vickers rarely ran well and the same can be said for the 5 car with Terry Labonte in the early 2000's and with Casey Mears.
as for penske: sam has done better this year. i hope he gets 1 or 2 more to improve, he has shown alot so far. even though he has been good so far at the 1.5 milers, but there are a host of cars that have had bad luck right there. not sold on penske being back (remember when everyone thought kahne was back after lowes?).
Not saying that Penske will be at this level next year, just noting that they have the advantage at the speedway tracks this year and that's 2/3 of the schedule.

Archived