• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10th pick?

kman72

Shaun Powell: Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts. Twitter

I would be interested in this,

emeka has 2yrs left at 13.5 and 14.5 million.

ariza has 2yrs left at 7.2 and a player option for 7.7 million.

The contract is worse but would help the team more as solid backup inside, plus if we took him i feel we would have to give up alot less. If we gave them Gana, at 7.3 million expiring they could save 6 million this yr and the full 14 million the next and we could get the 10th pick, we likely wont use the cap room this year anyway and can get the pick. I doubt we can sign hibbert or eric gordon so the room is a waste anyway, it will hurt us next yr but he could be valuable as a 14 mill expiring or possibly work a buyout.

thoughts?

I wouldn't mind it but Cho has stated that part of the OKC model he is following involves taking on no long term contracts (unless they are still on their rookie contract) until the core is assembled through the draft. And we are a year or two away from that. On lottery night Cho really hinted that Mullens and Henderson were part of the big plan. With BB & Kemba added, thats four players for the core and I think they are hoping to hit a home run in this draft with the #2 pick for the fifth and (hopefully) final piece. Then with all the expiring contracts after next season, they can shop free agency for high talented vets to mesh with the young core. That appears to be the main plan.

I wouldn't mind it but Cho has stated that part of the OKC model he is following involves taking on no long term contracts (unless they are still on their rookie contract) until the core is assembled through the draft. And we are a year or two away from that. On lottery night Cho really hinted that Mullens and Henderson were part of the big plan. With BB & Kemba added, thats four players for the core and I think they are hoping to hit a home run in this draft with the #2 pick for the fifth and (hopefully) final piece. Then with all the expiring contracts after next season, they can shop free agency for high talented vets to mesh with the young core. That appears to be the main plan.

Why are you adding Kemba, again?

Why would Henderson and Mullens be part of the LONG-TERM plans? Everyone not named Biyomba should be expendable, in the right deal.

i agree on not taking on contracts, but for only 1 extra yr and asssuming we can move them 1 of our expiring in magette or diop and pick up another lottery pick i think i would do it.

hendo and mullens can be part of long term plan, they both bring a role to the team, just because its a part of the future core doesnt mean you need them to dominate. hendo brings solid defense, whether he be a starter or off the bench, like a thabo role. and mullens is a big man who can come in and stretch the court for spacing, (if we ever ran plays)

not saying there not expendable but shouldnt be moved just for the sake of it....

If they can somehow get the #10 pick I would go T.Rob at #2 wit A. Rivers #10.....T.Rob brings a toughness, rebounding and solid all-round game to the frontcourt....A.Rivers he will be an NBA star...his game is more suited to the NBA because most teams play man and if anybody can break down an opponent 1 on 1 he is that guy.

If they can somehow get the #10 pick I would go T.Rob at #2 wit A. Rivers #10.....T.Rob brings a toughness, rebounding and solid all-round game to the frontcourt....A.Rivers he will be an NBA star...his game is more suited to the NBA because most teams play man and if anybody can break down an opponent 1 on 1 he is that guy.

we have nothing to give them to be able to get that pick

So you reach on BOTH picks and put us back into salary cap hell with a crappy contract.

gjge1.jpg

So you reach on BOTH picks and put us back into salary cap hell with a crappy contract.

gjge1.jpg

At this point everyone after A. Davis is a reach! and ariza figures arent that bad. plus he would bring defense to the team unlike the horrible contracts vs. production of matt carroll and diop.

At this point everyone after A. Davis is a reach! and ariza figures arent that bad. plus he would bring defense to the team unlike the horrible contracts vs. production of matt carroll and diop.

Anthony Davis isn't guaranteed to turn into anything anymore than Greg Oden and Kwame "Kevin Garnett" Brown were, and anyone who's not discussing all of these PROSPECTS in those terms is shortsighted.

If we had #1 we take Davis. That said, I don't think he is a sure franchise changing player. LeBron was the last guy who was 100% a franchise player. I know there was some debate over Oden or Durant, but every gm would have taken Oden. No one knew he was made of glass. Durant was a great scorer while at Texas, but no one knew if he could do anything more than take jumpshots in the NBA. Davis played on an all star team for his one year at UK. No pressure. Teams had to try and defend all 5 players on the court, impossible, so he got a lot of easy baskets. Defense, he could just roam around knowing he had backup. I'm not saying he'll be a bust in no way. The guy that becomes a star, in this draft, may surprise us all.

Anthony Davis isn't guaranteed to turn into anything anymore than Greg Oden and Kwame "Kevin Garnett" Brown were, and anyone who's not discussing all of these PROSPECTS in those terms is shortsighted.

If we had #1 we take Davis. That said, I don't think he is a sure franchise changing player. LeBron was the last guy who was 100% a franchise player. I know there was some debate over Oden or Durant, but every gm would have taken Oden. No one knew he was made of glass. Durant was a great scorer while at Texas, but no one knew if he could do anything more than take jumpshots in the NBA. Davis played on an all star team for his one year at UK. No pressure. Teams had to try and defend all 5 players on the court, impossible, so he got a lot of easy baskets. Defense, he could just roam around knowing he had backup. I'm not saying he'll be a bust in no way. The guy that becomes a star, in this draft, may surprise us all.

I agree 100% my guy is T. Rob he has the numbers and he has the IT factor! i wouldnt mind some the trades i've been reading about like #2 for evans n 5th.

Archived