• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 US Open, The Olympic Club

Darth Biscuit

Welp, looks like no one is going to move up the board after a couple of under par early scores and challenge Furyk or Mcdowell.

So this should be a good 4 or 5 man duel at the most.

Hossler 3 strokes over already and has no chance, Tiger was right of course,

I found it incredibly arrogant when they asked the kid after 3 rounds if he thought he could win the Open and he replied "Absolutely.".

Live and learn son.

What did you expect him to say? "No, I got no shot and I don't play to win. I'm just here for the swag and free food."

Ever heard an athlete say "No" when asked if they think they can win?

Furyk looks dialed in, he may run away with this.

In response to the above:

I would have expected Junior to give props to all the Pros he was trailing heading into Sunday and just to say he would do the best he can and he was extremely happy to be at the US Open..

Perhaps he no longer is golf, that's a legit argument... But can you say that for a long stretch that he wasn't golf? I also agree that there are many many many other golfers that I enjoy watching. It's because of Tiger in my instance that I ever even got involved with the sport. Of course I still watch occasionally... But let's all be honest for a second... It's much more interesting when he's in the hunt..

Was he the best player in golf from probably 1997 to 2008? No question and by far... But even then he wasn't golf all by himself... His popularity brought golf to a lot more people than ever before I dont dispute that, but golfs been around and popular for a long time.

It's not more interesting to me if Tiger's in contention, I just like a good tournament and exciting finish.

Archived