• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers Vs Clady

BriningDaPain

Denver will throw the ball at least 40 times this game. Peppers will get at least one. He's got 8.5 in the last 5 games. 3.5 in the last two against good OLines. If he can get Garcia, he certainly will get Cutler.

Cutler is not only very mobile, but has a super quick release and receivers who get open quickly. We run a WCO with mostly short patterns so it takes little time for Marshal/Royal/Scheffler to find their routes. Garcia has also been sacked 20 times this year in 309 attepts or 1 in every 15 passes. Cutler's been sacked 7 times in 489 attempts or 1 in every 69.8 attempts. Cutler is also not 38 years old.

I wanted Clady so bad.

Still do.

Otah is a better run blocker and Clady is a better pass protector, so it all depends on what your preference is. For this team, Otah was probably a better fit. However, Clady was my #2 choice behind Otah, so I would have been thrilled with either.

Not that it will matter much in the long run since I believe both will be VERY good for a long time. I expect each to have their fair share of Pro Bowls...barring injury, of course.

His stats are greatly helped by Cutler's release and the fact that the offense moves the pocket so much.

Great player though.

Actually Cutler is mostly throwing from inside the pocket but the Plummer-like rollout pops up now and then on highlight films because we've been so successful with it and people think we're still running that offense, which we're not. I suspected Jays' mobility and release were factors in Clady's game also untill I watched him for 2 entire games against Porter and Abraham on the TIVO. He's been a virutal fortress in pass protection. This guy's a 325 pound tackle who moves like he's 240. He may already be the best pass blocking OT in the NFL as a rookie. That's not homerism...Clady has been flat out amazing. What's truly shocking is that Ryan Harris is starting for the first time at the other OT spot and he's also been outstanding, as has Kuper at RG. We've had 2 of 3 drafts that have been incredible, with only 2007 falling off some.

Otah is a better run blocker and Clady is a better pass protector, so it all depends on what your preference is. For this team, Otah was probably a better fit. However, Clady was my #2 choice behind Otah, so I would have been thrilled with either.

Not that it will matter much in the long run since I believe both will be VERY good for a long time. I expect each to have their fair share of Pro Bowls...barring injury, of course.

Otah was a guy I wanted. Needless to say I'm happy with Clady since protecting Cutler is the key for us.

Cutler is not only very mobile, but has a super quick release and receivers who get open quickly. We run a WCO with mostly short patterns so it takes little time for Marshal/Royal/Scheffler to find their routes. Garcia has also been sacked 20 times this year in 309 attepts or 1 in every 15 passes. Cutler's been sacked 7 times in 489 attempts or 1 in every 69.8 attempts. Cutler is also not 38 years old.

That is an incredibly good stat. Aren't most good QBs in the 30s?

I really liked Clady in the draft and would still favor him seeing how well Otah has panned out. We could have stuck Clady at LT and kept Gross at RT. It's not like Clady is a small lineman and bad run blocking, he's just much better at pass blocking imo.

You're kidding right? Cutler took a serious pounding at Vandy.

Well, I didn't see a lot of his games, but he got rid of the ball very quickly in the one's that I did see. Anyway, the point was that he has a very quick release, which is really a seperate issue from how good or bad his O-line, RB's and WR's were at Vandy, which has a lot to do with those sacks, along with the quality of those SEC opponents.

Archived