• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(rumors) Charlotte Bobcats - Clevland Cavs

carolina-chuck

Man, get a clue. Anyone with one knows that UNC's system favors interior play. I was saying this long before I saw this:

"A Western Conference front office executive recently said Barnes would probably be a better pro player than college player because he played in a system at North Carolina that didn’t complement his talents. The executive noted that Paul Pierce was the only quality small forward to play for Roy Williams “and that wasn’t because of Roy. His system is more for point guards and bigs.”

Barnes admitted that he had to adjust his game to fit a talented team that featured three other potential lottery picks in Tyler Zeller, John Henson and Kendall Marshall. “Not a lot of teams in the country have two skilled 6-10 guys and a great point guard. I had to work more on my midrange game and two dribble pull-up,” Barnes said."

http://mobile.washin...66&cid=-1&spf=1

It didn't complement his talent's cause he can't drive and has no interior game. That is something that Paul Pierce had.

Actually, the per 40 is a good indicator of offensive efficiency.

Like I've said about Robinson, there are better big men coming out next year with more NBA potential than him. If you draft him, a year after you picked Biyombo, the Bobcats definitely won't be taking a big man three years in a row, so he'll just be in the way. I'd rather skip a year on big men this year.

And there's better wings coming out in Barnes, it's just a matter of which player gives you the most.

Also if that indicates offensive effeciancy then apparenly T-Rob is very efficienct from the 3 point line shooting an astonishing 50% and averages a point ever single play.

Yet, Tyler Hansbrough was National Player of the Year, because UNC's prolific offense ran through him, just like it ran through Antwan Jamison. If you have the talent, and you get the touches, and you get all the hype and attention because everyone can see that you're the focus, then you get National Player of the Year awards.

Amazing how CLEARLY BETTER than Jamison Vince was proven to be at the next level, isn't it...NOT.

Way to contradict yourself in every sentence.

How did I contradict myself? Guthridge was the head coach of Jamison and Carter, not Roy. Also why did you bring up LaFrentz when Roy coached him at Kansas, not UNC?

The question is, would you rather have Luol Deng or Al Horford?

I personally would rather have Al Horford because Biyombo is like offensive-less Serge Ibaka, and since we were last in points per game and second to last in rebounds per game; we will take Robinson because he gives us those things.

The Bobcats can't draft on need right now, they need to draft on best available player and that player is T-Rob.

I mean you could say that its still a pretty good deal, but really its not worth it. From 24-31, theres not so much of a huge drop off from there. Unless you're eying for a Fab Melo to groom as the Center for the future bc of the gap at that position, then I guess its okay to deal the pick.

If the deal was just our no.2 pick for both Cleveland's no.4 and 24, then yes of course why wouldnt we. But I dont like the scenario of just swapping picks evenly. At no. 2, its still a great spot, almost as good as having the no.1 bc you have the ability to choose whoever you like from the 4-5 top players after AD. To just swap picks and let Cleveland literally just having the no. 2 spot is a dream come true for them.

Its better to keep the no.2 and being able to choose exactly who you want out of the 4-5 players after AD. Bc saying, three years down the road, if the player we choose at no. 2 becomes a bust, atleast we as fans knew we kept that no.2 pick and were just unlucky to find a gem. But, to say if we traded that pick and whoever we pick at no.4 bust, now we're going to look back up at the no.3 and no.2 spot to see if any one of those two become stars. And if just one of those two players turn close to being a decent star, we as fans are going to start questioning Cho and MJ for making another stupid move.

But at the end of the day, I think we'll end up keeping it due to not having a legit trade offer from a team. Unless its a Tyreke Evans deal then =). but if its just the Cleveland trade rumors we're seeing here, more than likely its not going to happen. If Cho was serious in trading with Cleveland, he would be bringing in guys here already or plan to bring it asap to workout that are projected to be there at no.24 bc the draft is 6 days away only. And all we have brought in for workouts are high lottery pick prospects, so its a sign that the trade is just a rumor.

It didn't complement his talent's cause he can't drive and has no interior game. That is something that Paul Pierce had.

I'm done repeating the obvious, for you. Wings like Barnes don't normally play for Roy for a reason is what the Exec was saying. And yes, UNC has a history of minimizing what their wings show, versus what they end up doing when they get to the NBA.

That'll work in the favor of whoever takes Barnes when he's showing people like you things you didn't expect.

Archived