• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats in Dwight Howard's Trade Talk.

"Look at the Whiny Lakers Fan"

You have been around for five championships so shut up lol

This honestly has nothing to do with the Lakers, it has to do with ridiculously one-sided trades, and owners who bitched about super teams facilitating trades to create a new one. If Brooklyn gets D12 then so be it, but for Orlando to be taking it from behind like they would in this trade is extremely shady....

How is Brooklyn doing anything wrong here? They traded for Derron, traded (and significantly overpaid) for Wallace, traded for Joe Johnson's contract (bigger than the player), and now they are trying to trade for Dwight. If anything they built their team more like the Celtics than the Heat

Obviously Dwight is the most significant piece and they certainly aren't trading fair value, but the Magic is about to get a hell of a lot more for Dwight than the Cavs got for Lebron.

Plus, that 2017 Nets 1st rounder could end up being a very nice pick- they are old

The difference is that LeBron was a FA, Dwight is under contract. Hell the deal the Lakers got for an old worn out Shaq from the Heat was miles better then this garbage. Just go to any Magic forum to see what they think of this "deal". Oh and if it goes through, the Bobcats can kiss the #1 pick GOODBYE....

The difference is that LeBron was a FA, Dwight is under contract. Hell the deal the Lakers got for an old worn out Shaq from the Heat was miles better then this garbage. Just go to any Magic forum to see what they think of this "deal". Oh and if it goes through, the Bobcats can kiss the #1 pick GOODBYE....

The Magic are perfectly free to say no and let Dwight walk. Though that would cost them millions of dollars, picks, and a couple decent young players

The Magic are perfectly free to say no and let Dwight walk. Though that would cost them millions of dollars, picks, and a couple decent young players

So are you saying that Brook Lopez on a max deal is the best deal the Magic could get?? For God sakes they're not even dumping Hedo....

So are you saying that Brook Lopez on a max deal is the best deal the Magic could get?? For God sakes they're not even dumping Hedo....

Brook Lopez isnt the most important part of the deal, but yeah at this point. If Bynum was on a longer contract I'm sure they would do that, but what else do they have?

I'm not saying I would do it if I were them (I would say fug you Dwight good luck finding a team with cap space next year), but I understand why they are looking at it. Though I think this is all so public right now because they are still shopping around for better offers

Right now it is the best deal they can get, because Bynum has given them no indication that he would re-sign with them.

However, if Bynum comes out and says he will re-sign with the Magic in the next few weeks; then expect a Howard to LA move for Bynum, Steve Blake, and a 1st round pick.

Bynum hasn't said anything to ORL actually, the Magic beat writer said as much during their summer league game today. Also just like all players with an ETO, they lose money if they extend now as opposed to opting out and signing a new deal. Finally I have a hard time mr. "I don't care where I play, they have banks everywhere" would pass up the extra 30 million to sign with a team without his bird rights, same for D12 in LA or any other true contender....

Bynum hasn't said anything to ORL actually, the Magic beat writer said as much during their summer league game today. Also just like all players with an ETO, they lose money if they extend now as opposed to opting out and signing a new deal. Finally I have a hard time mr. "I don't care where I play, they have banks everywhere" would pass up the extra 30 million to sign with a team without his bird rights, same for D12 in LA or any other true contender....

That only hurts the Lakers not the Magic, as they can trade Howard wherever they want to.

Like I said, Bynum has given no indication that he would sign a long term contract with the Magic. If he comes out and says it, the Lakers will acquire Howard.

Archived