• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats in Dwight Howard's Trade Talk.

Nets will match, they already offered him a four year max deal which is all Charlotte could. I really don't understand the infatuation with Lopez, he's soft as Charmin and coming off an injury that can be a big time issue for a guy his size....

For all of you complaining about what we're not doing, connect the dots. I usually complain as well, but I see Cho working here. Rumors are that we wanted Humphries, a pick, Brooks, and/or Lopez. Well, let's break it down like this.

A VERY reliable source on another board (that reported our trade with Phoenix back in the day before it was ever even rumored on the net) said last night that the Cats are trying to get Lopez from the Nets. I assumed he meant through the trade, which he most likely does. After we acquire Lopez, we would rescind our QO to DJ and he would then sign with the Pacers. A lot of people tried to question him about it and thought it was bologna, but he's always got it right before.

What do you know, wake up this morning and this is on Woj's Yahoo blog:

As close as the Nets and Lopez are on a deal, several sources wouldn't rule out the possibility of Lopez still signing an offer sheet with another team for the full four-year, $58 million maximum contract if the final details are unable to be worked out. The Charlotte Bobcats have shown the most interest in signing Lopez to a max sheet, sources said. The Nets would undoubtedly match, but signing the offer sheet would be a way for Lopez to avoid any partial guarantees based on games that the Nets might want in his deal.

So, put it all together and what do we have? The Nets are dangling the max offer to Lopez to keep him from signing elsewhere b/c if he does it voids any possibility of them moving him in a deal. Cho is pretty much threatening to sign him to a deal as leverage to get what we want out of a potential deal. It's genius.

So you waste money on a mediocre big man? That's the kind of poo that makes a team a bottom dweller forever. Not to mention giving him a four year guaranteed contract is WAY too risky for a seven footer coming back from a broken foot. Just look at Yao a few seasons ago....

Except Lopez has to sign the offer for it to be valid, which he wont do if the Nets are telling him that they'll give him the fifth year if he just holds out a little bit longer...

From what I read they haven't. They're dangling it out there so he won't sign elsewhere. Problem is, it's rumored that the contract the Nets are talking about offering would include stipulations that would allow them an out if he has further problems with his injury and such... Basically, he wouldn't get paid. But, if he signs with another team first and they have to match, they have no choice but to guarantee it or have it structured as the team he signs an offer with does.

It's a game of chess all the way around, but basically, the Nets have no leverage.

So wait, Laker fans still think Dwight is coming? BWAAAHHAAAA!!!!

Guys, you already got an all star big man you underutilize, Dwight isnt gonna help you.

I haven't said he's coming since last week. Think he's Houston bound honestly. By far the best package....

Archived