• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats in Dwight Howard's Trade Talk.

The problem with amnestying Thomas is that you still have to pay their salary, it just doesn't count toward the cap. Being that Thomas has two years left on his contract, I don' think it's in the Bobcats best interest to amnesty Thomas until next year.

Also like I said before signing Humphries to a four year/$36 million dollar deal would be a huge mistake, because it could potentially put us in the same position we are now with Thomas.

Bobcats management is starting to take the safe approach when it comes to offering multi-year contracts that command over $15 million dollars and I don't blame them as Thomas's and Diop's contracts were one of the sole reasons that caused us to go through this rebuilding phase in the first place.

We couldn't afford to put good players around S-Jax and Wallace, so we had to get rid of them and start from scratch.

Yah I know that we would still have to pay Thomas the remaining of his contract but it would help us in cap to give it to a guy like Humphries. We'd still be in the same situation but with different player. It seems like its a mistake where we wouldnt have cap for the future to bring in players but what are the chances that we're going to sign anyone too? We all knows we're no going to use that cap space and even if we did try to, it's going to be hard. Only way for us to bring in players with potential is by trades. Humphries is a pretty good players that I wouldn't mind handing a contract to. We have no chance at a Bynum next year so that is out Of the conversation for some idiots thinking we can lure him. Next year free agents big men are okay only. Draft is nice but we could Atleast take a Shabazz if we have Humphries already then to take a Noel or Zeller.

I wanted to correct myself on an earlier post.

The Cavs actually got the cold feet in slowing down the trade tonight, which is why the Bobcats name is being mentioned.

If the Bobcats decide to facilitate this trade, they could potentially eliminate the Cavs and the Clippers, although the deal would become much more complex.

The easiest way is to just eliminate the Cavs and replace them with the Bobcats while leaving the Clippers in the deal and sending them MarShon Brooks.

However, there is a way that both the Cavs and Cats could be in the deal, which eliminates the Clippers entirely, it just depends on if the Cavs will nut up and no get cold feet.

Also of note, the Timberwolves have surfaced tonight as a possible facilitator to the Nets/Magic trade for Dwight Howard, I'm unaware if that effects the Bobcats or not. My guess would be no, that we take the Cavs spot and the Wolves take our spot; which would allow us to acquire Humphries and possibly a first round draft pick for facilitating the trade.

The problem is you are giving a one year wonder in Humphries, All-Star money; which just isn't a great idea.

One year wonder true but the dude can really ball. He was a beast a UMN. It just took him some times to reach his potential and he still have more potential to reach. He's better than Thomas right now. Not as athletic but also not a knuckle head in the locker room.

We're not going to use the cap so why have a bunch of cap space for. If Cho is smart , he'd make that trade and amnesty Thomas. Who cares if you have to pay Thomas his contract.

I wanted to correct myself on an earlier post.

The Cavs actually got the cold feet in slowing down the trade tonight, which is why the Bobcats name is being mentioned.

If the Bobcats decide to facilitate this trade, they could potentially eliminate the Cavs and the Clippers, although the deal would become much more complex.

The easiest way is to just eliminate the Cavs and replace them with the Bobcats while leaving the Clippers in the deal and sending them MarShon Brooks.

However, there is a way that both the Cavs and Cats could be in the deal, which eliminates the Clippers entirely, it just depends on if the Cavs will nut up and no get cold feet.

Also of note, the Timberwolves have surfaced tonight as a possible facilitator to the Nets/Magic trade for Dwight Howard, I'm unaware if that effects the Bobcats or not. My guess would be no, that we take the Cavs spot and the Wolves take our spot; which would allow us to acquire Humphries and possibly a first round draft pick for facilitating the trade.

If the Wolves are in, its that they want Brooks. They may be out of the Batum's play and is looking for a SG.

Also, for those interested; there has been an update on the potential signing of Antawn Jamison that I posted in the Antawn Jamison thread.

After reading that, I Dnt see how Jamison ends up here. He wants to win before he retire. Next year? Yeah I could see him here next year but not this year.

One year wonder true but the dude can really ball. He was a beast a UMN. It just took him some times to reach his potential and he still have more potential to reach. He's better than Thomas right now. Not as athletic but also not a knuckle head in the locker room.

We're not going to use the cap so why have a bunch of cap space for. If Cho is smart , he'd make that trade and amnesty Thomas. Who cares if you have to pay Thomas his contract.

Once again, offering Humphries a multi-year deal, ties us down for the long term. I employ you to look past just this year. If we can facilitate a trade that lands us with Humphries on a one year deal to get us to the cap floor as well as land us a first round draft pick, by all means do it. However, paying Humphries $27 million dollars over three years or potentially $36 million dollars over four years puts the Bobcats in a bind for years to come. Don't expect the Bobcats to offer multi-year contracts involving lumps of money when that is exactly what they are trying to get rid of right now.

The goal right now is to shed contracts, while gaining cap relief.

That cap space just gives us relief until a better free agency period comes a long. My guess is Cho is thinking, let's save up a bunch of money that way we can throw more money at better free agents, making them offers they can't refuse.

Here is just a glimpse at the free agent class of 2013...

Atlanta Hawks- Jeff Teague, Josh Smith, Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow

Dallas Mavericks- Shawn Marion

Denver Nuggets- Ty Lawson

Detroit Pistons- Corey Maggette

Golden State Warriors- Stephen Curry, Dorell Wright

Houston Rockets- Kevin Martin

Indiana Pacers- Darren Collison, David West

Los Angeles Clippers- Chris Paul

Los Angeles Lakers- Andrew Bynum

Milwaukee Bucks- Mike Dunleavy, Monta Ellis

Minnesota Timberwolves- Nikola Pekovic

New Orleans Hornets- Jarrett Jack

Oklahoma City Thunder- James Harden

Orlando Magic- Dwight Howard, J.J. Redick, Hedo Turkoglu

Sacramento Kings- Tyreke Evans

San Antonio Spurs- Manu Ginobli

Utah Jazz- Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Mo Williams, Marvin Williams

Washington Wizards- Trevor Ariza

UPDATE:

Sam Amico@SamAmicoFSO

Hearing some buzz Cavs out of potential trade involving Nets & Magic, replaced by Bobcats. Cats would take MarShon Brooks, eliminating Clips

YESSSSSSS!!!

I posted this a little earlier and I think Amico is misinformed, form what I have heard/read; the Cats wan't Humphries on a one year deal. That's it.

Archived