• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

mike goodson

The RB to WR learning curve is not a steep one. Reggie Bush caught over 100 balls his rookie season, mainly playing slot WR.. not saying that he could even come close to that, but it isn't a steep learning curve.

kid doesn't like to be coached, so...

I think Goodson will turn out more like a Reggie Bush. A running back who is a very dangerous threat as a receiver and a return man. Of course, unlike the Saints, we have two great backs ahead of him.

It sucks that we may have to let some good receivers, returners or backs go this season. But ultimately that's a good thing: it shows we're a very complete team and can accept only the best players.

I think Goodson will turn out more like a Reggie Bush. A running back who is a very dangerous threat as a receiver and a return man. Of course, unlike the Saints, we have two great backs ahead of him.

It sucks that we may have to let some good receivers, returners or backs go this season. But ultimately that's a good thing: it shows we're a very complete team and can accept only the best players.

thats all i am saying. he could be a dynamic weapon in the mold of reggie bush or steve smith, i was just thinking he might be better suited for wr since he is real lean for a rb.

As much as I hate to say it... maybe this is our DeAngelo replacement. Keeping two starting caliber RBs will be difficult, and with Stewart being the bruiser the Panthers have always seemed to prefer, maybe the FO is planning on letting DeAngelo walk at the end of his rookie contract (crazy, I know). Stewart would then be our starter and Goodson would have gotten the chance to beef up a bit and be his shifty backup.

As much as I hate to say it... maybe this is our DeAngelo replacement. Keeping two starting caliber RBs will be difficult, and with Stewart being the bruiser the Panthers have always seemed to prefer, maybe the FO is planning on letting DeAngelo walk at the end of his rookie contract (crazy, I know). Stewart would then be our starter and Goodson would have gotten the chance to beef up a bit and be his shifty backup.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps Lee is Stewart's replacement, and we'll have Double Double Trouble. :eek:

It probably will be tough to keep both backs once Williams' contract is up. I hope we can do it, though.

I think people are being a little too overzealous with the predictions of Goodson.

He has the benefit of being a RB so he could definately get some reps early on but we are a long way out.

I doubt he will be able to beat out robinson and I doubt that robinson will be expendable.

He could see time in the slot but I have no idea where the steve smith comparisons are coming from at any angle.

He'll be the typical 3rd down back. He'll already be a much better RB than goings so instead of going 3 and out during garbage time we might actually eat up more clock.

They might give him more reps on screens and draws to take more pressure off deangelo but I'm still going to want the best HB out there.

I think people are being a little too overzealous with the predictions of Goodson.

He has the benefit of being a RB so he could definately get some reps early on but we are a long way out.

I doubt he will be able to beat out robinson and I doubt that robinson will be expendable.

He could see time in the slot but I have no idea where the steve smith comparisons are coming from at any angle.

He'll be the typical 3rd down back. He'll already be a much better RB than goings so instead of going 3 and out during garbage time we might actually eat up more clock.

They might give him more reps on screens and draws to take more pressure off deangelo but I'm still going to want the best HB out there.

Why couldnt he beat out robinson?

also i never said he was or will becom steve smith, just that he could possibly be a player in his mold, a quick undersized playmaker.

also i never said he was or will becom steve smith, just that he could possibly be a player in his mold, a quick undersized playmaker.

anyone think he could be our next steve smith?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think he will end up being our slot receiver in at least third down passing sets. He has the potential once the ball is in his hands to something special.

Has a shot at KR/PR as well, I think he ends up with KR job off the bat and gets the PR job mid way through the season.

Archived