• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

mike goodson

anyone think he could be our next steve smith? he is not as fast, but makes alot of defenders miss and has run after the catch skills. with dwill and jstew in front of him it will be hard for him to break the line up at rb, but at wr he could definitely move up.

anyone think he could be our next steve smith? he is not as fast, but makes alot of defenders miss and has run after the catch skills. with dwill and jstew in front of him it will be hard for him to break the line up at rb, but at wr he could definitely move up.

I think that the coaching staff is going this direction but at this point I have to say I certainly don't hope to replace Smitty with this guy.

I think that the coaching staff is going this direction but at this point I have to say I certainly don't hope to replace Smitty with this guy.

I certainly don't think the OP meant that we have him replace Steve Smith, but that he could be the next receiver phenom in the same system as Smith...

I certainly don't think the OP meant that we have him replace Steve Smith, but that he could be the next receiver phenom in the same system as Smith...

In the time it takes for a RB to learn to be a WR, Smith will be on the decline/retired

In the time it takes for a RB to learn to be a WR, Smith will be on the decline/retired

Valid point, but maybe not. A running back turned WR may make that conversion quicker than we believe. I would hope so being a fan...

i think he just has the over all skill set to be like steve smith. he is lean for a rb, that is why i was leaning towards a wr. steve smith uses his incredible athleticism and speed and will to make the plays that he does. he is not the best route runner but can get seperation, i dont think it is that big of a leap to think he could play wr.

The RB to WR learning curve is not a steep one. Reggie Bush caught over 100 balls his rookie season, mainly playing slot WR.. not saying that he could even come close to that, but it isn't a steep learning curve.

Archived