• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And so it begins....Newton vs Luck

Spaceballs83

we're idiots because we don't count college stats/games and 1 half a preseason game to call a player "elite" or even good yet...he hasn't shown anything...The Golden Calf of Bristol was one of the best college football players....and we all know the Leaf story...lets not put the cart in front of the horse just yet...lets see him actually play some real football first

http://www.nfl.com/v..._content_stream

After one preseason game, they are already saying Luck can beat Newtons' 4,000+ yard season (just passing).

Yeah, that because unlike Cam, the media want Luck to be the next Peyton Manning so they will do everything they can to help him get there. They didn't annointed Cam as the next Peyton Manning. He simply worked hard and broke Manning's record. Judging from Sunday's game, it's clear that it will be the receivers helping Luck because Luck doesn't have a strong arm. He's a dink and dunk person.

So while Cam will be penalized when the receivers don't do their jobs. Luck with be rewarded when they do. What else is new about the NFL and how certain players are treated.

Also, I wonder when the media is going to make it about RG III and Luck and not Cam and everyone else. We get that they wanted him to fail and he shocked them but their passive aggresive attitude towards him is still quite obvious.

Love the comparison and projections after one preseason game.. these guys remember that Leaf tore it up in the preseason, don't they?

I think Luck will be good, but to make comparisons at this point is just slightly premature, LOL

This is Luck who we're talking about.

Guess we're going to keep hearing these Leaf comparison till the season starts. People can't just give another guy on another team the credit can't they.

This is Luck who we're talking about.

Guess we're going to keep hearing these Leaf comparison till the season starts. People can't just give another guy on another team the credit can't they.

giving credit and saying people are idiots for not thinking the guy is elite are2 completely different things

we're idiots because we don't count college stats/games and 1 half a preseason game to call a player "elite" or even good yet...he hasn't shown anything...The Golden Calf of Bristol was one of the best college football players....and we all know the Leaf story...lets not put the cart in front of the horse just yet...lets see him actually play some real football first

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at three plays of Luck, how good his footworks and mechanics are and how quick his release is to say Luck is a pretty damn good QB. Preseason or not.

You're just bring funny now bring in Leaf first, then The Golden Calf of Bristol now. The Golden Calf of Bristol????? Do you want me to tell you why The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't start the NFL right where he left off in college?

Yeah, that because unlike Cam, the media want Luck to be the next Peyton Manning so they will do everything they can to help him get there. They didn't annointed Cam as the next Peyton Manning. He simply worked hard and broke Manning's record. Judging from Sunday's game, it's clear that it will be the receivers helping Luck because Luck doesn't have a strong arm. He's a dink and dunk person.

So while Cam will be penalized when the receivers don't do their jobs. Luck with be rewarded when they do. What else is new about the NFL and how certain players are treated.

Also, I wonder when the media is going to make it about RG III and Luck and not Cam and everyone else. We get that they wanted him to fail and he shocked them but their passive aggresive attitude towards him is still quite obvious.

HAHAHAHAHAH! do ur homework kid. luck has plenty of arm strength. Maybe not cam/stafford/favre arm strength but easily as much as peyton/brees/brady.

i'm sure luck is going to be a great qb, i just seriously doubt he's going to break 4800 total yards as a rookie.

giving credit and saying people are idiots for not thinking the guy is elite are2 completely different things

No bc now you're just hating on another QB who wears another jersey.

I can tell you this, if Luck was our QB, you'd be the first to put Luck's name in the HOF ballot after "one preaseason" game. Man up and say so.

no i don't need you to do that, because i only brought him up because you said "i seen him at Stanford"....so? Timmy was great in college...hes had a great preseason game...so? plenty of rookie QBs play great in preseason and poo the bed in the real games....we dont know anything about luck besides 1 half in the NFL...so again....dont put the cart before the horse...don't count your eggs before they hatch...etc etc you get the point

No bc now you're just hating on another QB who wears another jersey.

I can tell you this, if Luck was our QB, you'd be the first to put Luck's name in the HOF ballot after "one preaseason" game. Man up and say so.

read through my post history, i don't praise players at all...im a panther fan first but an NFL fan too, and i agree with you saying more good players make the leauge better, but you cannot say people are dumb for not crowning a guy for 1 half of preseason football...

Yeah, you really loss me right there. Do you even know who Luck is until now?

Every knows Luck has an amazing arm. Go check out his 70 yard pass in his pro day if you havent seen it.

I guess you really know your facts.

Archived