• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guild Wars 2

cavic7585

Anyone played beta? I've heard great things about it, but because of time have been unable to try it out.

I've been waiting for a worthy MMO to play and have only been let down with Rift,SWTOR, etc. I'm 50/50 about buying it.

Edit: whoops didn't see the other thread.

I've played in all the stress tests and weekend events and I would say it is beyond worth it for me. I've played MMO's for over 10 years on and off and this has been the only one that I can see myself only seriously playing for quite awhile.

I'm in agreement with Sword on this.

This game is such a departure from traditional MMOs, I am so happy. It has time sinks, but they function so differently, because the game has taken a very horizontal approach to progression instead of vertical. Unlike Rift and SWTOR, this game really is revolutionary and it is not a WoW clone or whatever at all.

What do you prefer? PvP? PvE? Do you have specific questions?

Well worth it imo. I only got into the last beta so didn't get a ton of time with the game, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Classes seem scaled really well, and the things that were awful from GW seem to be gone. I would definitely try it out if I were you....

Archived