• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much time will Joe Adams see on offense?

Donald LaFell

Adams is our punt returner. He would have to lose the job at this point.

You seem to be a little too focused in 1 PR and 1 KO return by a rookie. It happens. That is what preseaon is for. But like I said, Adams will make mistakes....playmakers make mistakes. All the ones on are team do. As long as they hold up to benig playmakers....you take a little bad with it.

To be honest. This all is just one big merry go round. Zod I love games.

Because I do not want the ball hitting the ground. Even if we go by your lowball number of only two, that was in four games. Go ahead and live with not just the eight chances at turnovers, but do not discount momentum and emotional elements to these plays.

A few here and there, maybe I can live with that. If the guy is as fun as Adams, I may fudge that line a little. However, he is trying to impress his coaches and teammates. Hard to do when the ball is on the ground.

I do not want to jinx him. I would love for him to be Smitty 2.0. PR this year, and learn the WR position. Come out next year and do both. In a couple of years we draft his replacement at PR. And start all over again.

No one has mentioned nerves, or just plain ol trying to hard, to explain preseason. But pressure is laughed at in the NFL. Or is that just a myth?

Unfortunately, until he loses the butter finger label, he very well could be losing precious opportunities.

TL/DR IMO, Adams has butter fingers. Until that is corrected. His trust level is lower than I would like.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, understanding the quotes I made would be a 2 tops.

Trick question. You usually have nothing but dry with and sohpmoric humor to share. Only takes a 2 to understand most of that stuff. Er, I mean, I don't get half the poo you say.

Yes, I am a big fan of wit, and the occasional verbal barb. And you are relatively good at both. Just because you are riding CRAs coattails, does not mean I have to play with you.

Ok then... What am I going to win if AE fields the first punt of the year? And what do I lose if Zod forbid Adams does? Go ahead and name your terms. I have a good feeling I want to lose. I mean... really... who actually WANTS AE to field punts?

See what I did there. I reiterated my point. Adams has been soooo bad AE made the team. There I said it, again.

To be honest. This all is just one big merry go round. Zod I love games.

Because I do not want the ball hitting the ground. Even if we go by your lowball number of only two, that was in four games. Go ahead and live with not just the eight chances at turnovers, but do not discount momentum and emotional elements to these plays.

A few here and there, maybe I can live with that. If the guy is as fun as Adams, I may fudge that line a little. However, he is trying to impress his coaches and teammates. Hard to do when the ball is on the ground.

I do not want to jinx him. I would love for him to be Smitty 2.0. PR this year, and learn the WR position. Come out next year and do both. In a couple of years we draft his replacement at PR. And start all over again.

No one has mentioned nerves, or just plain ol trying to hard, to explain preseason. But pressure is laughed at in the NFL. Or is that just a myth?

Unfortunately, until he loses the butter finger label, he very well could be losing precious opportunities.

TL/DR IMO, Adams has butter fingers. Until that is corrected. His trust level is lower than I would like.

Adams had 1 turnover in 4 preseason games. You are the only poster calling him butterfingers.....most call him the best return man CFB last year and the best thing we have seen a PR in a LONG time.

What are you calling Steve Smith these days? Mr. Fumbles? Do you not trust him? He has consistently been putting balls on the ground the past couple seasons.....

No one wants anyone putting the ball on the ground. We all agree on that....but you have exaggreeated what Joe Adams did in multiple threads. He is our PR man until the negative outweighs the positive.

Trick question. You usually have nothing but dry with and sohpmoric humor to share. Only takes a 2 to understand most of that stuff. Er, I mean, I don't get half the poo you say.

Yes, I am a big fan of wit, and the occasional verbal barb. And you are relatively good at both. Just because you are riding CRAs coattails, does not mean I have to play with you.

Ok then... What am I going to win if AE fields the first punt of the year? And what do I lose if Zod forbid Adams does? Go ahead and name your terms. I have a good feeling I want to lose. I mean... really... who actually WANTS AE to field punts?

See what I did there. I reiterated my point. Adams has been soooo bad AE made the team. There I said it, again.

You said Armanti Edwards would be our starting return man....

are you back peddling now, claiming what you meant was he will get a charity rep to start the season in the first game and then Joe Adams continues as our starting PR guy?

Edwards didn't make the roster bc of Adams....he made it bc TuTu and everyone auditioning for a spot sucked. Adams spot was locked in for the most part.

Adams had 1 turnover in 4 preseason games. You are the only poster calling him butterfingers.....most call him the best return man CFB last year and the best thing we have seen a PR in a LONG time.

What are you calling Steve Smith these days? Mr. Fumbles? Do you not trust him? He has consistently been putting balls on the ground the past couple seasons.....

No one wants anyone putting the ball on the ground. We all agree on that....but you have exaggreeated what Joe Adams did in multiple threads. He is our PR man until the negative outweighs the positive.

Dude. I am really gettin riled now. You continuously discount my assersion that Adams put the ball on the ground more than you care to admit. He had back to backers against the Steelers. Do you even watch the games? What about the one against the Texans? That doesn't count either?

You continue to ignore facts, never offer any. And I am supposed to bow to you? Mkay. Hubby don't play that game.

It is the only critizism I have. And it should be to you as well. So what, are you in denial? You continue to harp away like you think I am wrong. I love this about you. No homo intended. You think you are right, but have no proof. Yet you plow away like there is not tomorrow.

When you can prove I am wrong. I will support you. Problem is, you can't. Sorry bout that.

Adams had butter fingers in college, and he has continued that trend through the preseason. I love the excitement he brings. Too bad we won't see it if he can't get this fixed.

From week 2 to week 17 the winner sig would say either iamhubby was right or FirstRoundPick was right. I'm not going to get to technical about it from a lawyers standpoint. I'd just trust the right thing would be done.

Man, this is torture. I do not want to be right. But it sure would be fun to see that on your sig.

Fug it. You got it.

You said Armanti Edwards would be our starting return man....

are you back peddling now, claiming what you meant was he will get a charity rep to start the season in the first game and then Joe Adams continues as our starting PR guy?

Edwards didn't make the roster bc of Adams....he made it bc TuTu and everyone auditioning for a spot sucked. Adams spot was locked in for the most part.

Other than the fact that you are wrong in that I have never backtracked. I take my opinion serially. If I am going post something, I usually like for it to be something I believe in.

Dude. This whole thing started as a dig at Adams in one of CRAs posts.

AE is on the team because no one took his spot. Just that simple.

Adams was drafted as a PR. Not sure that is new info, but ok.

As I have said numerous times already. As an indictment to the way Adams has played this preseason, I am willing to bet, AE gets the first PR of the season. That does not say I like AE. That does not say I hate Adams. All that says is that Adams may have dropped his way off PR. At least that is what I see.

It is an opinion. Based off what I have seen. It is a fact that Adams puts the ball on the ground. It is not a fact that he will lose any, I did say any, PRs. It is just a hunch.

If you can read all that. Respond to what I have writen. I will be extremely amazed.

Archived