• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WOW these Refs need to go...

Snake

Am i the only one to find that situation a little hypocrite?

Mundy is doing his job, the job of a NFL safety in the end zone with a wr about to score a TD.

Many peoples love big hits, read your comments in game threads.

The players security should be a concerne but then all big hits should be sanctioned.

I wish Heyward-Bey a full and speedy recovery.

Uh, I'm having difficulty understanding what you're trying to say. Obviously I get that "hypocrite" should be "hypocritical" but I don't see any examples of hypocrisy in this thread. The job of an NFL Safety in the end zone with a WR about to score a TD isn't to launch into a defenseless receiver with his helmet...that's explicitly outside of his job description.

People love legal big hits. Most people don't celebrate illegal ones (for example, when Dante Wesley obliterated Sammy Stroughter or whoever it was a couple years ago, no one celebrated the big hit. Some of us defended it as not malicious, which I still don't think it was. I think it was just poor timing and the receiver never called for a fair catch, but whatever. Not the point).

Player security should be a concern but then all big hits should be sanctioned? That seems a bit self-contradictory. If all big hits were allowed, that would very much be counter to the concern of player security... Big hits aren't the problem, anyway. Illegal big hits are the problem. Like the one Mundy did to DHB.

The last sentence, I understood :)

Don't worry in a week i will begin English lessons here at work.

Overtime you will notice an improvement, well i hope.

A pie for your efforts. ;)

About the big hits,the difference between a legit big hit and an unlegit big hit is very slim.

this is also the difference between a missed tackle and a succesfull tackle.

I wish your eyes a full and speedy recovery. :lol:

Ah, ok, so you're ESL. Gotcha. Thought you were just drunk or stupid or both :) I get your points, and I agree the line between legal and illegal hits is blurry, but sometimes it's just flagrant and so far beyond the line there's no question about it. Mundy's hit was one of those.

And here's a free English lesson, sanctioned means allowed :) I think you were trying to use it to mean outlawed, or not allowed. Good luck in your studies, I know what you're going through :)

Archived