• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is your starting 5 all time?

King Taharqa

PG-

SG-

SF-

PF-

C-

Bench (5 players)

Here's mine...

PG-Earvin "Magic" Johnson

SG-Michael "Air" Jordan

SF-Julius "Dr. J" Erving

PF-Tim Duncan

C-Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Bench

PG-Oscar "Big O" Robertson

SG/SF-LeBron "King" James

SF-Larry Bird

PF/C-Bill Russell

PF/C-Hakeem "The Dream"Olujawon

I'd have to put Shaq on there somewhere. Shaq at his prime could not be stopped. He would push both Kareem and Hakeem out of the way. Hakeem did work him but Shaq was a rookie or in his 2nd year can't remember. I'm still not sure who i would drop though. The rest looks pretty good.

Except for the four championships and three NBA finals MVP awards.

I was picking my players based on their skillsets and abilities, not awards. There are amazing players who unfortunately never got a championship. Barkley had the misfortune of going up against Jordan's Bulls in his Championship shot.

I was picking my players based on their skillsets and abilities, not awards. There are amazing players who unfortunately never got a championship. Barkley had the misfortune of going up against Jordan's Bulls in his Championship shot.

Barkley was a great player. I understand why his skillset may make him a favorite in some starting fives. However, I don't think one can make a rational argument to say that he was a better power forward than Tim Duncan.

Archived