• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few optimistic thoughts...

that's because Trgo was different than Del Rio... you're point is pointless as it proves nothing.. Obviously with a new DC, new plays and schemes come into play. This was even mentioned last year when Trgo said he wanted to simplify his plays. You are merely speculating and calling this a fact? Just because Fox was trying to help our defense due to Trgo's lack of talent as a DC doesn't mean Fox doesn't let his DC's do their job AT ALL... which is what you're saying by speculating.

anyhow, my 2 cents... I can't wait to see DWILL BABY!

Its been reported in the media many times so its not just speculation. Fox did the same thing with Dan henning and every single coordinator he has had including Del Rio. Henning was just a scape goat the same way Trgo is. I couldnt be happier for Trgo because he no longer has to deal with Fox stepping all over his toes and then getting all the blame for the defense being so average. The truth will unfold in a few short months the same way it did when Davidson replaced Henning.

Its been reported in the media many times so its not just speculation. Fox did the same thing with Dan henning and every single coordinator he has had including Del Rio. Henning was just a scape goat the same way Trgo is. I couldnt be happier for Trgo because he no longer has to deal with Fox stepping all over his toes and then getting all the blame for the defense being so average. The truth will unfold in a few short months the same way it did when Davidson replaced Henning.

hmm... interesting take.

Wha?!?!?! the offense is worse with Davidson at the helm, argh....we could have had over 3500yds rushing if Henning was still here.

Wha?!?!?! the offense is worse with Davidson at the helm, argh....we could have had over 3500yds rushing if Henning was still here.

I believe I heard we were one of THE highest scoring teams towards the last half of the season? Yeah, Davidson sucks...

The schemes are exactly the same now as they were when Dan Henning was here. RUN RUN RUN RUN and an occasional pass to Steve Smith. We didnt have the personal that we have now that we had under Dan Henning which is why we are more successful. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the way the offense is being run though.

I believe I heard we were one of THE highest scoring teams towards the last half of the season? Yeah, Davidson sucks...
Never said Davidson sucks. I said that the schemes are exactly the same. Henning was stuck pounding the ball behind a small offensive line with freakin Deshaun Foster as the feature back. How did Jeff Davidson do when he was stuck in that situation last year? Not much better I dont beleive. The scheme is exactly the same. The only thing that has changed is the personal.

Hidden

Never said Davidson sucks. I said that the schemes are exactly the same. Henning was stuck pounding the ball behind a small offensive line with freakin Deshaun Foster as the feature back. How did Jeff Davidson do when he was stuck in that situation last year? Not much better I dont beleive. The scheme is exactly the same. The only thing that has changed is the personal.

Fox must have tied Henning's hands behind his back...

IMO, you can't have your cake and eat it too.. It's either Fox controls everything or Davidson has done very well at his job... lol

First it's Fox controlling everything. But Davidson has got the players and the efficiency during his time here. So which is it? Perhaps Davidson is a better play caller? Or Fox controls all...

I have no idea what lack of success you're talking about last year...

you said yourself, "The truth will unfold in a few short months the same way it did when Davidson replaced Henning."

You want your cake and to eat it too? You can't just diss everything without it coming back to bite you... There has to be some sort of logic or rational that you are using.

Fox must have tied Henning's hands behind his back... yet, this truth you are talking about is saying that Davidson is in the same situation, yet he's doing a damn fine job...

First it's Fox controlling everything. But Davidson has got the players and the efficiency during his time here. So which is it? Davidson is having more success than Henning, yet Fox is still "controlling the play calling"...

you said yourself, "The truth will unfold in a few short months the same way it did when Davidson replaced Henning."

You want your cake and to eat it too? You can't just diss everything without it coming back to bite you... There has to be some sort of logic or rational that you are using.

Fox must have tied Henning's hands behind his back...

First it's Fox controlling everything. But Davidson has got the players and the efficiency during his time here. So which is it? Davidson is having more success than Henning, yet Fox is still "controlling the play calling"...

You completely missed my point when I said the truth will unfold. When we first hired Davidson everyone thought we were suddenly going to have this creative offense and we were going to be using tons of screen passes and throwing to the TE alot. Couldnt have been further from the truth because the scheme has been exactly the same. Now that we have better personal the offense is better. But it would be the exact same if Henning was still here. Id say he did a pretty damn good job in Miami last year dont you think?

Everyone thinks now that we have a new DC that our defense is suddenly going to be agressive which couldnt be further from the truth. That is what I meant by the truth will unfold in a few months. The defense will still be the same crap that we are used to unless we suddenly change the personal.

You completely missed my point when I said the truth will unfold. When we first hired Davidson everyone thought we were suddenly going to have this creative offense and we were going to be using tons of screen passes and throwing to the TE alot. Couldnt have been further from the truth because the scheme has been exactly the same. Now that we have better personal the offense is better. But it would be the exact same if Henning was still here. Id say he did a pretty damn good job in Miami last year dont you think?

Everyone thinks now that we have a new DC that our defense is suddenly going to be agressive which couldnt be further from the truth. That is what I meant by the truth will unfold in a few months. The defense will still be the same crap that we are used to unless we suddenly change the personal.

It's totally possible, but the year Davidson was here with personel, he had a hell of a time trying to keep a stable QB on the field for more than 1 game at a time. You can compare it, but I don't think it would be as accurate. With a new QB, he couldn't expand with his game planning, as the K.I.S.S. concept would apply.

We have changed up personel right away, but with Henning we kept hte same players forever. I'm not saying it's all Davidson, but to say Fox controls all isn't exactly accurate because you see changes occuring as Davidson has been here.

And also, I'm not sure how much change you're expecting to see... Fox wants a run first team and down field passing. But that doesn't mean Fox controls all. The concept we run is one thing. Controlling every play called is another.

I don't know about you, but I see a lot of changes Davidson has made as I've pointed out. With Ron Meeks, I'm definitely optimistic that we'll see change. I mean, what about the fact that Meeks is focusing everything on technique whereas Trgo didn't? Just sayin... I don't know what you're expecting to see, but I'm will agree with you that the basic scheme will stay in tact. If you see Corners playing 2 yards off people instead of 10, will you still say there are no changes? Those, after all, would be important changes...

It's totally possible, but the year Davidson was here with personel, he had a hell of a time trying to keep a stable QB on the field for more than 1 game at a time. You can compare it, but I don't think it would be as accurate. With a new QB, he couldn't expand with his game planning, as the K.I.S.S. concept would apply.

We have changed up personel right away, but with Henning we kept hte same players forever. I'm not saying it's all Davidson, but to say Fox controls all isn't exactly accurate because you see changes occuring as Davidson has been here.

And also, I'm not sure how much change you're expecting to see... Fox wants a run first team and down field passing. But that doesn't mean Fox controls all. The concept we run is one thing. Controlling every play called is another.

I don't know about you, but I see a lot of changes Davidson has made as I've pointed out. With Ron Meeks, I'm definitely optimistic that we'll see change. I mean, what about the fact that Meeks is focusing everything on technique whereas Trgo didn't? Just sayin... I don't know what you're expecting to see, but I'm will agree with you that the basic scheme will stay in tact. If you see Corners playing 2 yards off people instead of 10, will you still say there are no changes? Those, after all, would be important changes...

Even if Jake didnt get hurt Davidsons first year our offense still wouldnt have had much success. Not with Keary Colbert, Deshaun Foster and behind that offensive line. henning wasnt the one keeping all of those guys. That was John Fox keeping all of those guys. If it was Henning then dont you think they would have been gone the year after he left? Fox finally realized what he had wasnt working on offense so he upgraded (imagine that concept?). But the schemes on offense have been absolutely no different from Dan Henning to Jeff Davidson.

I dont think the defensive scheme will change much if at all. Ill beleive it when I see it. Fox is a stubborn dude and he isnt going to let his coordinators dictate what defense to run. He has full control over it. Meeks will run what he tells him to run.

Even if Jake didnt get hurt Davidsons first year our offense still wouldnt have had much success. Not with Keary Colbert, Deshaun Foster and behind that offensive line. henning wasnt the one keeping all of those guys. That was John Fox keeping all of those guys. If it was Henning then dont you think they would have been gone the year after he left? Fox finally realized what he had wasnt working on offense so he upgraded (imagine that concept?). But the schemes on offense have been absolutely no different from Dan Henning to Jeff Davidson.

I dont think the defensive scheme will change much if at all. Ill beleive it when I see it. Fox is a stubborn dude and he isnt going to let his coordinators dictate what defense to run. He has fully control over it. Meeks will run what he tells him to run.

You can say it is Fox just as much as I can say Davidson wanted players who fit what he is trying to do with his offense.... They stayed one year he was there. You can say he wanted to see how well they fit that first year and when he found they weren't what he was looking for, he passed on resigning them. (the contracts would be important to pay attention to. If the guy has 1 year left, you try to see how it will work to keep them. It didn't, they were gone the following year. You have cap and other factors to include.) I don't find that much different than him getting rid of them the year he showed up. Also, it was his first time ever as OC... I'm sure his 2nd year is a better analysis than his 1st..

but that's all I needed to add...

You can say it is Fox just as much as I can say Davidson wanted players who fit what he is trying to do with his offense.... They stayed one year he was there. I don't find that much different than him getting rid of them the year he showed up. Also, it was his first time ever as OC... I'm sure his 2nd year is a better analysis than his 1st..

but that's all I needed to add...

Davidson and Henning have/had absolutely no control over what personal the team brings in. That is all Fox and Hurney.

Archived