• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dash's Mock 3.0

Dash Global

With the recent play of the dline I feel compelled to switch things up a bit.

Use our high draft pick and trade down for a extra 2nd. Throw in Beason or Williams for good measure. I dont, just make it happen.

1st Round: Dee Milliner 6'1 CB Alabama

milliner-int-return2-almondjpg-dd0560434d6d4713.jpg

Milliner is a straight beast and is rising up the draft boards.

2nd Round: TJ Mcdonald 6'2 FS USC

com_120403_Gemmell_McDonald_120403.jpg

Nice upgrade to the secondary

2nd Round: Cordarrelle Patterson 6'3 WR Tennessee

283086_t607.JPG

Patterson is a straight playmaker. Can impact the game in a number of ways. Still is a little raw as a WR. Wouldnt mind Rodgers here as well.

3rd Round: Desmund Trufant 6'0 CB Washington

Trufant.jpg

Great cover skills.

Damn that would instantly give us a huge improvement throughout the secondary and once they grew and matured as players could be amongst the better units in the league. Also, if that's the route we took, Gamble would likely be gone I would think. I do think there would be some significant growing pains with that young of a secondary as Godfrey would like be the only returning starter but in due time they could hang with the best passing offenses in this league.

However, that would leave us with holes and needs at DT, OG. If we could get a starter and instant contributor at DT and/or OG via free agency I would be elated with this draft because our secondary would without a doubt be instantly improved and Patterson would be a unique weapon for this offense to utilize.

We still have a couple of years to address the DT position. I am actually more concerned about the OL.

I think we can get a decent OG in the 4th. Then get a stop gap in FA and look to address the OL and DT in next years draft.

But yea those players would give a massive infusion of talent into our secondary.

We still have a couple of years to address the DT position.

I just see both Edwards slowing down year by year now as they are both over 30. We need someone who can come in and contribute even as a rotational player to begin with and learn from these two veterans. I just fear if we wait another couple years to address the DT position, we will find ourselves in a similar situation to when we started Fua and McClain in 2011 and no defense can be successful with that. I think if Star or Hankins is on the board we take them and go with a heavy dose of secondary and a WR throughout the next few rounds.

Id rather go head and completely sure up our secondary and add a dynamic play making WR then get a DT that might not even start right away.

Even though I think our DTs have more than 1 year left. Id still address DT in 2014 and through FA.

As you can see, we got old guys through FA that are holding down the fort. Its much more difficult to get them kind of players at skill positions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/CB

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013CB.php

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-Cornerbacks.asp

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=CB&draftyear=2013&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Unless we're not trading out of the Top10, we would be able to land Milliner. No doubt will the kid be gone in the top10 bc even though I don't believe he's on the same level as Claiborne or possibly even his former teammate Kirkpatrick, Amerson has helped Milliner stock rise. But if we're going to upgrade at secondary with McDonald and Trufant already, why not take a DT in the first instead of Milliner. I'd still trade down, miss out on Star/Hankins, take a John Jenkins or Short, and go McDonald, Patterson, and Trufant.

I like it though. Let's hope something happens.

I'm starting to not like McDonald in the pros more and more each week. The last two games he's looked absolutely lost in coverage. He also looks really stiff, not allowing for smooth transitions when he turns to run, or change direction. As a USC guy, I hope he can get it figured out, but I'm definitely not sold on him as a great FS at the next level. That said he's light years ahead of Naka, and probably Martin....

I'm starting to not like McDonald in the pros more and more each week. The last two games he's looked absolutely lost in coverage. He also looks really stiff, not allowing for smooth transitions when he turns to run, or change direction. As a USC guy, I hope he can get it figured out, but I'm definitely not sold on him as a great FS at the next level. That said he's light years ahead of Naka, and probably Martin....

Lester and Jefferson ahead of him IMO.

Archived