• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HP Mini Laptop

Darth Biscuit

I saw these on that Verizon commercial this past weekend...

altmain560.jpg

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4707

It’s ultra–portable. Lightweight. Less expensive than standard notebooks and functions on America’s largest and most reliable 3G network. You can keep on top of business and stay informed and in touch when out of the office and even when out of the country! The HP Mini comes with Genuine Windows®XP Home Edition Operating System, is global capable*, features a 10.1" display, 1GB of RAM and 80GB of Hard Drive. It is comes with a built–in Web–cam and microphone, Bluetooth and Windows Media Player.

You can also get a slightly different more configurable model directly from HP...

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mini1000/alt.html

Anybody got or seen one of these in action?

HP Mini is good, but if you get it from Verizon you'll be raped by the dataplan for 2 years.

Everything I've read about the HP is good, people love it.

However, that being said, I have a Dell Mini 9 and it is by far the coolest little computer I've ever owned. I drag it almost everywhere with me. People bash netbooks, but if you come in expecting too much from a cheap, small computer you're going to be disappointed.

Thanks man. I just checked out the Mini 9 on dell.com too... nice, with a solid state HDD for only $350... I prefer Dell anyway.

Check out the Dell Outlet as well. You can find one there that someone sent back without using, or a refurbished one that is basically brand new for around 250 or less.

they're a bunch of them out now.. If you just need to use the internet and don't wanna drag something bulky around just get a netbook. netbook, eee pc, dell mini, macbook air(expensive as balls though, wouldn't recommend) all are out just for that purpose, and they're pretty cheap compared to retail laptops.

they're a bunch of them out now.. If you just need to use the internet and don't wanna drag something bulky around just get a netbook. netbook, eee pc, dell mini, macbook air(expensive as balls though, wouldn't recommend) all are out just for that purpose, and they're pretty cheap compared to retail laptops.

Ahahahahahaha. The MacBook Air really is the most expensive netbook out there.

are you being serious? I just checked and that is what my bank gave me...an Asus Eee PC Series - 2G Surf...it's pretty damn small...I can palm it in my big ass hand

That sucker is smaller than most of the popular Netbooks now. Yours has a 7" screen I believe most now have 10.1"ers.

The wife and daughter have been using these ultralight Dell L400s with a 12" screen.

Dell%20L400%20mainview.gif

But I'm thinking now of Ebaying those and getting them the ASUS Eee PC EPC1000HE. Sweet little lappies with 8 hours battery life.

Archived