• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes FA and needs

dexterpyro

Now that our season is over, Want to take a look at our free agetns, who needs to come back and who we want to bring in.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=CAR

This website is where you can get Salary and FA status of players..

Unrestricted FA

Erik Cole

Ryan Bayda

Chad LaRose

Dennis Seidenberg

Restricted FA

Tuumo Ruutu

Jussi Jokinen

Dwight Helminem

Anton Babchuk

Please add players You want to see stay, go and/or brought in....

Can this thread be sticked for the offseson???

And some FA i would like to see

Martin Havlat- 6 million, could be the player Staal needs on his line

John Madden- 3 Million, great chippy center, needed if brindy retires

And some Defensemen that we most definatley need

Steve Montador

Alexi Semenov

Chris Pronger-great shot and very good defensmen

Chris Pronger-great shot and very good defensmen

Please, not him. Anyone but that jerk. I remember hating him in the series against the Oilers back in '06, my wife (Ducks fan) has hated the guy ever since he showed up in Anaheim. He commits too many stupid penalties.

I wouldn't mind see us going after Bouwmeester and Havlat. We need a scorer to help Staal out and we need a leader on defense. Either a young guy like Bouwmeester or a vet who can mentor and groom Pitkanen into the leader of our defense.

Bayda, is more than likely gone unless he signs for the minimum but I would much rather see Conboy, Dwyer or some other young guy take his spot on the 4th line. We have a lot of depth in Albany at center. Helminen, Boychuk or Sutter could all come up to move Jussi back to wing or if Brindy doesn't come back.

Cole, LaRose, Ruutu and Jokinen have to be re-signed.

Please, not him. Anyone but that jerk. I remember hating him in the series against the Oilers back in '06, my wife (Ducks fan) has hated the guy ever since he showed up in Anaheim. He commits too many stupid penalties.

I know he is a jerk, but he would help our defense and PPs immensley, we could say goodbye to babchuk or send him back to albany and also add a solid veteran presence to our defense. He is not or will he ever be my first choice to bring in....High speculation he prefers to stay out west anyhow...

Not sure about Cole being resigned....Not at 4 million dollars, if he takes a significant pay cut then good. LaRose, Ruutu and Jokininen are almost must haves...

42 points and an even plus/minus in the regular season. I'll take someone like that on my team everyday and twice on sunday. He's still a top 6 forward. Maybe not worth 4 million, but I don't think he will be taking a significant pay cut.

42 points and an even plus/minus in the regular season. I'll take someone like that on my team everyday and twice on sunday. He's still a top 6 forward. Maybe not worth 4 million, but I don't think he will be taking a significant pay cut.

I agree with you that he can be a top six forward, I like his speed and tenacity, and he willingnes to do he small things, i just dont know if he is worth 4 million, 1.5 to 2.5 million would be a good figure to sign him at.

We have some cap space, no figures on next years cap but we had 5 million this year so we can expect more....probaly 7.5 to 9 million

I think Adrian Aucoin is set to be a UFA this offseason. He's in his mid 30's, but dude could bring experience, and he's a solid player. His +/- wasn't great at -8, but I still think he's worth looking into. High buying price.

And if the 27 year old Mike Cammalleri doesn't resign, I would jump the moon to get him on this team. Dude just has a nose for making plays. Passing and scoring. Also high purchasing price.

Archived