• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Jangler

Should be a solid attempt at a live action AIW. It's not like replacing the original. Sometimes it deserves to be done. I don't think that being the first should give timeless credibility. As far as trying to improve the story, the differences can often make it worth the effort.

Many hated the 2005 version of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, but it was more accurate to the book than the original movie. It actually contained flaws that contradicted the book. I'd actually welcome a new Wizard of Oz. Dorothy is too old in the original movie. People can always buy their favorite on DVD and hold onto it.

I wouldnt mind seeing Burton's take on the original. I would welcome that. But the point behind this movie is that he is attempting to make a sequel to Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass where there simply isn't one. That's what I can't stand. Just an updated or live action AIW would have been fine with me, but when people go mucking about in someone else's artistic backyard well...I just can't stand it.

On a side note, this movie is also being put out by Disney. That would be why I mentioned it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

after watching the new trailer, it def. looks different than what I imagined, not bad, but weird. Anybody catch the ALICE movie on SyFy? That was really good. It was like the Wizard of Oz series Tin Man. A different take on the film.

I couldn't finish that Tin Man movie. But I did like Alice.

"Tin Man" looked like The Wizard of Oz re-imagined by horny Dungeons and Dragons nerds. Didn't see "Alice" but I actually thought SyFy's "Children of the Corn" remake was generally good.

I'm not a fan of Burton's movies other than "Big Fish" and (partially) "Planet of the Apes".

Happily, Christopher Nolan rebooted Batman from the crap that Burton had turned it into.

"Tin Man" looked like The Wizard of Oz re-imagined by horny Dungeons and Dragons nerds. Didn't see "Alice" but I actually thought SyFy's "Children of the Corn" remake was generally good.

Yeah, I didn't like Tin Man either, just saying that Alice on SyFy was along those lines of a completely different take on the story. I didn't know they did a Children of the Corn one as well. I'll have to find that one.

Oh and the Alice movie was good, you have to see it. It had Kathy Bates, Tim Curray, Harry Dean Stanton and Colm Meaney. It was a very good cast and the actors were brilliant in their roles.

Archived