• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?

Kevin Greene

You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?

• Lebron James
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dwight Howard
    • Chris Paul
    • Other

Who would be?

I'd take easily take Deron over Paul. Deron has proven he can take his team deep into the playoffs, while Paul has proven he can lose a game by 58 points at home playoff game.

Now let's think here, a point guard who has been to the Western Conference Final and been to the playoffs 3 out of his four years. Or a guy who has been to the second round and let his team lose by 58 at home in the playoffs.

Really? And don't say that Paul did a lot in that game, 4 points 6 turnovers. :conf:

Really?

Redmage, I obviously know Wade isn't a PG, what I was saying was I don't understand why Paul was on the list over Wade. Wade is far and away better than Paul.

I'd take easily take Deron over Paul. Deron has proven he can take his team deep into the playoffs, while Paul has proven he can lose a game by 58 points at home playoff game.

Now let's think here, a point guard who has been to the Western Conference Final and been to the playoffs 3 out of his four years. Or a guy who has been to the second round and let his team lose by 58 at home in the playoffs.

Really? And don't say that Paul did a lot in that game, 4 points 6 turnovers. :conf:

Really?

Redmage, I obviously know Wade isn't a PG, what I was saying was I don't understand why Paul was on the list over Wade. Wade is far and away better than Paul.

Williams is a great player, but let's not pretend that his supporting cast hasn't been a lot better than Paul's. Also, the year the Jazz made the Western Conference finals was when they beat a Tracy "I can't win a playoff series" McGrady's Houston Rockets, and got the luck of facing the #8 seeded Golden State Warriors in Round 2. Their team could only win one game against the Spurs. The Hornets pushed the defending champions to seven games the following year. I could be wrong, but didn't both teams lose in the first round this year in five games? And to blame the 68 point loss solely on Paul's shoulders is just as shortsighted as predicting the Jazz to beat the Lakers in the first round (which you did).

Williams is a great player, but let's not pretend that his supporting cast hasn't been a lot better than Paul's. Also, the year the Jazz made the Western Conference finals was when they beat a Tracy "I can't win a playoff series" McGrady's Houston Rockets, and got the luck of facing the #8 seeded Golden State Warriors in Round 2. Their team could only win one game against the Spurs. The Hornets pushed the defending champions to seven games the following year. I could be wrong, but didn't both teams lose in the first round this year in five games? And to blame the 68 point loss solely on Paul's shoulders is just as shortsighted as predicting the Jazz to beat the Lakers in the first round (which you did).

They did get an easy road that year, but no one was going to beat that Spurs team. And how can you not place the blame on Paul for that loss? If your going to be taking him as your first player, shouldn't he be able to lead you team to victory? LBJ and Kobe do. IMO he does not know how to lead a team. I did predict the Jazz to win, I didn't actually think it would happen though.

They did get an easy road that year, but no one was going to beat that Spurs team. And how can you not place the blame on Paul for that loss? If your going to be taking him as your first player, shouldn't he be able to lead you team to victory? LBJ and Kobe do. IMO he does not know how to lead a team. I did predict the Jazz to win, I didn't actually think it would happen though.

It was one game that every single player from the Hornets sucked in. You can't blame the team shooting 31 percent entirely on Paul, just like you can't completely blame Lebron James for the Cavs not beating the Magic or for not being able to win one game against the Spurs in the finals two years ago, or Kobe for not being able to beat the Celtics last year, or the Suns in previous years by himself.

The Hornets were honestly lucky to win one game in that series, and when they did Paul carried them to the tune of 32 points and 12 assists. The Nuggets were a better team throughout the season and as expected, they were in the playoffs. As for questioning his leadership abilities, his teammates campaigned extensively to win the MVP last year, and he's done a masterful job of turning around a team that won something like 18 games the year they drafted him.

Archived