• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?

Kevin Greene

You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. You're going to start an NBA team, who do you choose first?

• Lebron James
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dwight Howard
    • Chris Paul
    • Other

I picked Lebron over Kobe just because of age...would've gone Kobe if he was 24

Exactly. If you said to me today who would I pick to start my franchise I'd pick LBJ. But if you asked me today whos the better player, that one would be more debateable. I'd have to go with the Black Mamba by a little.

Really Paul? Where's Wade, I understand that there is an other option but why wouldn't Wade be a choice. Paul wouldn't even be my first choice at PG.

I would choose Lebron, he is the best player and he has more years in him than Kobe.

You realize Wade isn't a PG right?

Anyone who wouldn't pick Paul as the best PG in the league is a little out of touch with basketball.

Lebron. Like a few have already said, I would take him over Kobe simply due to age. If they were the same age, then it would become a toss-up, although I would probably go Kobe since he has proven himself to be better in the clutch thus far.

And I would take him over Howard because while Howard is a very good player that is still young, I do not think he is that once in a lifetime type player that Lebron or Kobe are. Sure, he can dominate and take over a game or series when the matchup is favorable, but otherwise, he is just a cog in the machine (a very good cog, but a cog just the same). If I had to group them, I would put Kobe and Lebron on a level by themselves, then a group of upper eschelon players that includes Howard and Paul, along with guys like Wade, Garnett, etc.

I guess they way I look at it, is that the thing that separates Lebron and Kobe from Howard is that they are the team, not just a focal point of their team, but literally the team, and everything extends off them. Whereas Howard is the just the focal point of his team, and a great player for sure, but much of his success is directly tied to his teammates, rather than theirs tied to him as it is with Kobe and Lebron.

Archived