• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Lounge Combo Topic Thread

Darth Biscuit

Why I hate Christmas/Disciplining your kids/Worlds Best Beer/Golf

Wife and kids get Christmas Decorations out... don't clean up boxes in garage despite my asking multiple times...

Wife, who is driving and parking challenged, parks her new Kia in the middle of the driveway last night because she can't park it in the garage where it belongs.

16 year old backs his Jeep out this morning and doesn't see said Kia, destroys passenger side rear door of Kia... not surprisingly, Jeep doesn't have a scratch.

Kids crying, Wife crying... Kia needs body work and I'll be out probably $2 Grand.

I need some Worlds Best Beer and a round of Golf.

It is worth noting that I did not get upset/yell/scream/kill anyone this morning. I was actually really calm. poo happens and to be honest I'm more pissed at my wife for not cleaning out the garage and parking like an idiot than I am with my son for backing into her car.

So Huddle, do I discipline the wife or the kid?

spank her. that's what I do when my wife leaves stuff in the garage. she has no problem wrecking it cuz its outside, but I get an earful for not putting dishes away or leaving a little facial hair around the sink.

So this must be a universal thing... that's a mirror image of my household.

A plastic wrapper on the table beside my chair in the living room BLASPHEMY!!!

27 boxes, paper, and wires everywhere in the garage for 3 weeks... no problem.

Mine will work in the yard, I'll give her that... and she will get out there in the garage, but it takes some prodding.

That's why pisses me off about this... had I got a bunch of stuff out and not immediately cleaned it up, I wouldn't have heard the end of it... now we're literally paying for her ignoring me.

I would be quick to point that out. A lot more of my thoughts are spoken now compared to 5 years ago.

LOL my brother has been married for 25 years. He told me once "you know how you see old couples not giving a poo what they say to each other? Its like that now. fug biting my tongue anymore" :D

Yeah, I did say that this morning... I pointed out to her that although it was my sons fault because he was driving, that if the garage was clean and/or had she not parked right in the middle of the driveway, it would not have happened.

She said to stop fussing at her, and I told her I wasn't fussing, but simply pointing out the obvious.

What's done is done... just ticks me off that it was avoidable on both ends of it. Money out the window.

how do you not see a parked car?

make them both mow lawns to pay for it.

Oh no... he was certainly at fault... I'm not disputing that. He didn't look where he was going.

There was the car on his drivers side and the basketball goal on the other... he is not used to her car being where it was and probably was worrying more about the goal than anything and hit her car.

I'm hoping that he'll take this as a lesson about making sure the way is clear prior to backing out. Use the mirrors and LOOK.

My wife uses my garage as somewhere to put anything & everything she wants out of the house. Tired of it being in the house? Out to the garage.. Fortunately thats when I either get rid of it or put it away where its supposed to be. I "clean" my garage once a month for poker, so it works out...

S, Im down for the 12-pack over 18 holes... I'll get the beer, you get the putt-putt....

Sorry about your Kia...

Archived