• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The AFC is straight garbage

teeray

Watching Tom Brady and the Patriots finish 1-3 against the NFC west got me to thinking "The Patriots are soooo lucky to play in the worst QB division in all of the NFL." Yeah they roll out 10 win seasons every year, but when you have Tom Brady on your team and the second best QB you face in your division is probably Marc Sanchez, I mean they have at least 5 wins on lock down before the season even starts and more likely 6 wins. They only have to go .500 in non-divisional games and boom, they got 10 or 11 wins.

This year they are already 5-0 in their division and 9-1 in AFC games but 1-3 in NFC games. Which got me to thinking about the other QBs in the AFC. It is a terrible collection of QBs. Especially compared to where the NFC is right now. Here is a list of the AFC starting QBs.

Brady- one of the best right now and all time

Peyton Manning- ditto

Big Ben- maybe (probably) a top 10 QB

Shaub- top half of the NFL QB but I would stop very short of calling him elite

Flacco- ditto

Rivers- suddenly terrible the last couple of years

Sanchez- terrible

Tannehill- got a lot of potential, but right now terrible

Fitz- pretty damn bad

Dalton- meh

Weeden- terrible, but has some potential

Luck- OVERRATED

Locker- pretty bad, but still young

Gabbert- lol at the idiots that wanted to draft that fugging guy over Newton

Carson Palmer- I would say he sucks, but it might cause bad karma since we are playing them next

Brady Quinn- terrible unless he plays the Panthers after a tragedy

Now compare that to the NFC QBs:

RG3- maybe the next Cam Newton ;)

Eli Manning- Mr. Clutch

Romo- somehow both overrated and underrated at the same time

Vick- had a really bad year, but is still a playmaker

Rodgers- discount double check is probably the best QB right now in the NFL

Ponder- meh

Cutler- big time arm and talent. Top half QB easily

Stafford- ridiculous talent and might have back to back 5,000 yard seasons

Matt Ryan- MVP candidate and all around douche

Brees- top 5 QB in the NFL even when he is having a bad year

Josh Freeman- part time franchise QB, and also part time terrible.

Cam Newton- future GOAT who has probably caused a spike in NC pregnancies

Colin Kaepernick- future baller. Actually current baller. Dude can play some football

Russell Wilson- BEST ROOKIE QB. Should be OROY in my book.

Bradford- pretty much garbage

Skelton/Kolb- bad and worse

I mean in the NFC there are only 3 teams that have what I consider pooty QBs. STL, Arizona, and Minny. And honestly Ponder and Bradford aren't terrible, they just aren't very good. The AFC there is only three teams that I think have really great QBs Den, NE, and Pitt. Schaub is pretty close

I mean even NFC backups like Foles and Cousins would likely be top 5 QBs in the AFC.

If Denver and NE don't play in the AFC title game something weird happened.

But I have no fugging clue who is going to come out of the NFC.

Literally every single team that makes the playoffs in the NFC I will think has a chance to get to the Super Bowl. Even if Dallas sneaks in there. Well maybe not Minny,even though AP is playing amazing football right now so who knows

Anyway, long post short (too late) the AFC is straight pooty.

I was having this same debate with my coworkers a few weeks ago, but it was mainly about DEF. Playing against AFC opponents for 12 games, and them not having a lot of great QB's in the AFC, that it makes the AFC DEF look better then what they really are. Brady and Manning are the only elite QB's, then there is a drop off. There are some good QB's like Big Ben, Schaub and Flaco (who is inconsistent, Tony Romo of the AFC), the AFC has some young talent in Luck and Tannehill but I still don't think they matchup against the NFC.

Watching Tom Brady and the Patriots finish 1-3 against the NFC west got me to thinking "The Patriots are soooo lucky to play in the worst QB division in all of the NFL." Yeah they roll out 10 win seasons every year, but when you have Tom Brady on your team and the second best QB you face in your division is probably Marc Sanchez, I mean they have at least 5 wins on lock down before the season even starts and more likely 6 wins. They only have to go .500 in non-divisional games and boom, they got 10 or 11 wins.

This year they are already 5-0 in their division and 9-1 in AFC games but 1-3 in NFC games. Which got me to thinking about the other QBs in the AFC. It is a terrible collection of QBs. Especially compared to where the NFC is right now. Here is a list of the AFC starting QBs.

Peyton Manning- ditto

Flacco- ditto

Sanchez- terrible

Fitz- pretty damn bad

Dalton- meh

Luck- OVERRATED

Carson Palmer- I would say he sucks, but it might cause bad karma since we are playing them next

Eli Manning- Mr. Clutch

Ponder- meh

Colin Kaepernick- future baller. Actually current baller. Dude can play some football

I mean in the NFC there are only 3 teams that have what I consider pooty QBs. STL, Arizona, and Minny. And honestly Ponder and Bradford aren't terrible, they just aren't very good. The AFC there is only three teams that I think have really great QBs Den, NE, and Pitt. Schaub is pretty close

I mean even NFC backups like Foles and Cousins would likely be top 5 QBs in the AFC.

Literally every single team that makes the playoffs in the NFC I will think has a chance to get to the Super Bowl. Even if Dallas sneaks in there. Well maybe not Minny,even though AP is playing amazing football right now so who knows

You get PIE for the analysis of Russell WIlson ;) hahaha, but in all honesty, I totally agree. The NFCW may be the best division in football, compare that to a few years ago, they were a laughing stock, two years ago the seahawks won the division with a 7-9 record. Crazy. But the AFC figures they have a few great teams, then a COMPLETE drop off, I would be very surprised if an AFC team wins a SB.

You get PIE for the analysis of Russell WIlson ;) hahaha, but in all honesty, I totally agree. The NFCW may be the best division in football, compare that to a few years ago, they were a laughing stock, two years ago the seahawks won the division with a 7-9 record. Crazy. But the AFC figures they have a few great teams, then a COMPLETE drop off, I would be very surprised if an AFC team wins a SB.

You bring up a good point. I don't agree with you that the NFCW is the best in football, but you could make a compelling argument that it is.

You could make the argument that the NFCW is the best division in the NFC or the worst division in the NFC and probably have a strong argument either way.

Because the NFC is so strong. And there are so many good QBs.

And I am glad you like the Russell Wilson analysis. I am a Tar Heel fan so you know it must be legit.

Peyton Manning- ditto

Flacco- ditto

Sanchez- terrible

Fitz- pretty damn bad

Dalton- meh

Luck- OVERRATED

Eli Manning- Mr. Clutch

Ponder- meh

The NFC is clearly the more difficult league. No doubt about it.

Archived