• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line Analysis

ultimateff

Not bad. Gross played LT in 2006 after game 1 when Wharton went down with an ACL though he did start 2006 @ RT. Also I love Wharton and think he gets a bit too much of a knock as a pass blocker (even when he was @ LT), but I agree he is great @ LG.

I would say thats pretty accurate. Altho its hard to eveluate the pass blocking when Jake holds on to the ball so long. I mean Leftwich would make the best o-line look brutal...

Phil im going to give you a shout out here.

Ive been to your website before and have really enjoyed the analysis, altho some thimes get lost in the complexities of it all but none-the-less you do give us 'the numbers'. You can really tell that your not bias and do your home work(unlike espn...)

Last year I emailed you and we actually cooresponded back and forth several times regarding several keeper league questions (if I should keep SJack - you said no, if I should handcuf the Jacksonville RB tandem - you said no, and several others) all in all you helped me steer clear of some bad decisions and I ended up in the $$ in my pool.

Thanks for your help Phil!

Alan Klippenstein

I would say thats pretty accurate. Altho its hard to eveluate the pass blocking when Jake holds on to the ball so long. I mean Leftwich would make the best o-line look brutal...

Phil im going to give you a shout out here.

Ive been to your website before and have really enjoyed the analysis, altho some thimes get lost in the complexities of it all but none-the-less you do give us 'the numbers'. You can really tell that your not bias and do your home work(unlike espn...)

Last year I emailed you and we actually cooresponded back and forth several times regarding several keeper league questions (if I should keep SJack - you said no, if I should handcuf the Jacksonville RB tandem - you said no, and several others) all in all you helped me steer clear of some bad decisions and I ended up in the $$ in my pool.

Thanks for your help Phil!

Alan Klippenstein

Thanks Alan, I remember the discussions we had.

You're not the first one who mentions that about the complexity. That's actually the main reason why this year I write summaries for all my longer articles. They're about 400-600 words and usually go straight to the conclusion without mentioning all the technical stuff.

Archived