• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mock 3.0 Post Combine / FA (Hixon)

Dash Global

With the addition of Hixon, who I am very high on I would rather bypass WR in the first two rounds.

There is no one at 14 I like so I am going with the best trade option. 49ers have a ton of picks so I would try to make a deal with them as they desperately need S's and might be interested in Vacarro. Our 14th pick for their 31st (1st), 34th (2nd) and the 74th (3rd).

1st Rd: DT Kawaan Short

Best UT in the draft imo. 15 TFL and 7 sacks speak for themselves. Originally wanted him in the 2nd but he wont make it there with how important pass rush is in the NFL.

0306_DraftSpotlightShort_DC.jpg

2nd Rd: CB Jamar Taylor

Jamar+Taylor+BYU+v+Boise+State+ju86WBBau_Bl.jpg

One of the best all around corners in the draft. At 5'11 192 pounds he has pretty good size.

2nd Rd: OG Larry Warford

Warford.jpg

Nice addition to the line

3rd Rd: WR Aaron Dobson 6'3 200

dobson-story.jpg

No one in this draft has better hands than Dobson. Had the lowest drop % in the NCAA. At his pro day he ran a 40 time of 4.40. I dont know how he isnt rated higher but he would be great in the 3rd.

4th Rd: DT Montori Hughes 6'4 330

Montori+Hughes+2013+Senior+Bowl+aRKyLvTAi6Hl.jpg

Blue chip recruit out of high school. Got in trouble at Tenn and had to transfer. Great size.

5th Rd: SS Duke Williams

628x471.jpg

6th Rd: OT Braden Brown 6'6 310 BYU

507a0e9de89b1.preview-620.jpg

Depth and developmental player here

Really nice draft man! Smart to go with players who have visited or worked out with Panthers. If there is a trade back you better believe Short is the guy! He is one of my favorite DT's in the draft as well and the Panthers really like him.

Jamar Taylor is a great kid and has prototypical size to be a starting CB in the NFL.

Dream come true would be Hughes in the 4th, that is part of my dream draft for sure. He had a great Sr. Bowl and was a former top recruit at UT.

A lot of 49er draftniks are pounding the table to trade up for Vaccaro. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope this happens.

@Koolkat

I wanted to draft Cyprien in the 1st but that would mean bypassing on Short. Passrush is a premium commodity and no DT penetrates better than Short. Plus Duke is a pretty good SS imo. Our secondary played alot better when Naka was replaced. If anything we can use a high pick next year on a S.

@DarftPanthers

Thanks man. I really like this draft and the players. Praying the Niners want Vacarro bad enough.

I like it. I don't love Short, but at 31 he'll probably be the best DT available with Star, Hankins and very possibly S. Williams gone. I'd also much rather have Hunter, Hopkins or Rambo in the 2nd than Taylor (don't think we need 10 CBs) but if Taylor can become a starter and push one of the guys we got in FA out (that had no guaranteed moneys) because he's just that good (I watched the videos, didn't see anything too special, but I'll take your word for it) then it's a good pick. The rest of your picks fit very well with the top of your draft, so I like them. B+ draft, in my opinion.

Here's my stab at picking with your trade's picks (and only altering your draft a little):

#31 - Hopkins

#34 - Short/S. Williams

the rest the same.

The highlight of this draft? Now we will have chants for LUUUUKE, NUUUUK, and DUUUUUUKE. :)

Plus, double dipping at DT and WR will give us nice young groups at those positions. Even when Smitty retires, we'll have plenty of years with Lafell, Gettis (hopefully), Hopkins, Dixon and Dobson. Big upgrade at the only position of weakness on the OL with Warford, if Duke can come in and be a good starter our DBs can actually be respectable (I'm not too concerned with CB with what we have on the roster now, especially with a pass rush consisting of CJ, Kraken, D. Edwards, and Short or Williams.)

Here's my stab at picking with your trade's picks (and only altering your draft a little):

#31 - Hopkins

#34 - Short/S. Williams

the rest the same.

The highlight of this draft? Now we will have chants for LUUUUKE, NUUUUK, and DUUUUUUKE. :)

If we go J. Williams at #34 then we'd have

Luke, Nuke, Duke

and

Tha Monstar and Tha Kraken on the DL!

#31 - Hopkins

#34 - Short/S. Williams

the rest the same.

I dont think Short or Sly will be there at 34. Short is a much better pass rusher than Sly imo.

Its a passing league so I wouldnt mind getting a nice CB prospect and a SS that hits hard and is good in coverage.

I like Hopkins so I wouldnt be mad with the pick, but I doubt he will even be on the board at 31. With Dobson in the 3rd and Hixon (not to mention a healthy Gettis) I think we can pass on a WR this year in the 1-2 rounds and sure up the lines (OL and DL) along with the secondary.

Just watched the video on Dobson. He made some ridiculous circus catches. That last one in the corner of the end zone was insane. Great find, I like him. His QB probably throws the ugliest passes I've seen above the high school level.

He has a few just out of this world catches. I seriously have no clue as to why he is being looked over.

Great size, speed, retarded hands, and solid route running.

Archived