• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Playoffs Rd 2: (1) Miami Heat vs. (5) Chicago Bulls

NBA Playoffs  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I divide clutch up into different factors...

4th Quarter - LeBron's time, but he doesn't always hit the big shot down the stretch

Last 6 Minutes- KD's time, Durant is a closer and in my opinion, he is the best player in the NBA when it comes down to the last six minutes.

Last Shot- There is no one I'd rather have shooting the final shot than Melo. Since 2000, I believe he has the highest GWS% out of anyone in the NBA.

Can you do me a number and tell me which one surrounded himself with other great players because he couldn't do it by himself?

I don't get why people have issue with that?  Did Bosh or LeBron demand to be traded? No. Were they all not FA's at the time? Yes. They had the right to do it and they did just like every other team/player tries to do. (Knicks, Lakers, Nets, Clippers, Sonn to be Dallas) They all took salary cuts to make it happen unlike other stars around the league. Both Bosh and James signed a 2nd contract with their original teams and neither team did anything to really help them become a contender unless you count Anothony Parker, Old Shaq, Jamison, Mo Williams...  they are all decent players but not a true #2 #3 or even a #4 piece to a championship

Honestly people should have more issue with Dwight or Carmello for the way they handled their respective situations

Jog my memory for me, which guy of those two was the finals MVP of the reigning champion?

Much like Cameron, LeBron constantly has goal posts pushed back. Its "big black man" syndrome, when you're the specimen of those guys and have the talent they do, people don't think its "fair" so they constantly ask and expect you to do more. They see you as a "Goliath", and as Wilt said so eloquently, no one roots for Goliath.

Its like when Kirk Hinrich clotheslined LeBron in that regular season and got praise for it for playing him "tough". Had LeBron or anybody else did that to Hinrich or a smaller player everyone would've been crying dirty play. But the "big black man" is supposed to take all punishment that comes his way and never react.

Can you do me a number and tell me which one surrounded himself with other great players because he couldn't do it by himself?

Which has what to do with winning the finals MVP and 4 regular season MVP (with and without talent around him)?

So it somehow makes LeBron's clutch play meaningless because he left Cleveland with a shitty supporting cast rather than having a front office that built a great team around him? Way to change up the argument based upon ESPN/sports talk radio callers talking points.

Unless you really are silly enough to insinuate KD didn't have enough of a supporting cast to win, if so, this probably is not even worth discussing.

Honestly people should have more issue with Dwight or Carmello for the way they handled their respective situations

The reason they don't is because Dwight & Melo "forced trades" rather than exercise their free agent rights. Dwight & Melo didnt totally control and dictate their situation. They didnt hold all the cards, they needed their respective front offices and owners to make moves. LeBron took control of his destiny and his career in 2010 independent of his front office or any outside forces and that scares people to death. A rich black man openly displaying his freedom is always gonna be seen as "defiant" in this country. Those folks prefer Dan Gilbert and the owners CONTROLLING what these players do, not the players themselves. Dwight & Carmelo also are not as talented nor have the same expectations as LeBron so there's a reason they havent seen as much backlash.

Unless you really are silly enough to insinuate KD didn't have enough of a supporting cast to win, if so, this probably is not even worth discussing.

Funny thing is, prior to the Finals last year so many dudes on this board including CarolinaPanthers8789, had OKC winning because the Heat "struggled" with the Pacers and Celtics in the eastern conference playoffs. They claimed Durant was more "clutch" in 4th quarters so the Thunder would SMASH Heat. They won the first game of the Finals and have lost 6 straight to LeBron and the Heat since (4 games in the Finals, 2 regular season games this year) and folks still dont hold that against Durant or tell him "he needs a ring to be compared to a player that has one" like they use to do LeBron. When expectations are lower for one player than they are another, I know said player is not as good.

Dwight & Carmelo also are not as talented nor have the same expectations as LeBron so there's a reason they havent seen as much backlash.

And the funny thing about that is that his first two years in the league melo was the "golden standrard" that lebron was compared to since led his team to the playoffs his first 2 years in the league when LeBron didn't. Those same people weren't lamenting him getting knocked out of the first round of the playoffs his first 5 years.

I love it,,,Kobe has these poor shooting games all the time, but you're always here to tell us that it doesnt matter, because his objective is to get to the FT line where he kills his FTs. And here you are glossing over the 11-11 from the line in a win.

Good work, keep up the hypocrisy!

Ooh, Lakers thread again.

Since the Lakers get relief from Brown's contract now having been hired in Cleveland I'm thinkin' they should blow out Antonni and bring in Brian Shaw.

Thoughts?

Lol these clowns, go ahead and tell how you have been a Heat fans all your life and that you love South Beach.

Tell us how you were pulling for the bulls in the 2000s when they featured Eddy Curry, Nocioni, and were a lottery team. Or tell us how you were a Thunder and Durant fan when they were a lottery team winning 20 games.

Archived