• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Been On Norwegian Cruise Line?

boo7382

We went on Carnival last year and I wanted a step up to something a bit nicer and to spend more $$.

So far they have the best cruises I have seen for the best deal. The one we are looking at would be a brand new boat released in February 2014. Our cruise would be in March,

Just wondering about the security as far as sneaking alcohol on and the overall experience, food entertainment, etc.

I've used both cruise lines and prefer Norwegian. I didn't try to sneak alcohol on the ship, so I don't have much to tell you there. Some people we met on our last cruise said that you can bring your own alcohol on the ship but pay a pretty hefty fee (still though, less then you would if you bought all your mixed drinks on the ship). But Norwegian's food overall I think is better and at their main dining rooms you don't have to have an assigned time to eat like you do on Carnival. They have specialty restaurants you can eat at also that are really good, they may charge something like $20-$25 to eat in. If you go that route, I highly highly recommend the Teppanyaki restaurant.

As far as entertainment goes, where is the cruise going? I ask, because the first norwegian cruise I went on was European and was more of a sight seeing cruise than a party boat, so there were more old people. The second one that I went on was a concert cruise, so it was the opposite. Not sure though how it would be for a carribean cruise.

We went on Carnival last year and I wanted a step up to something a bit nicer and to spend more $$.

So far they have the best cruises I have seen for the best deal. The one we are looking at would be a brand new boat released in February 2014. Our cruise would be in March,

Just wondering about the security as far as sneaking alcohol on and the overall experience, food entertainment, etc.

actually just came back from a Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Spirit (2nd time taking that ship, once when it did W. Caribbean).... NCL is solid IMO, I like them. I have ridden the Epic, Jewel (Alaska). They are adding the Breakaway and Getaway which are both nice ships. Carnival in my view is like filling a ship up with Myrtle Beach's finest and going away for a week with them. 

Carnival in my view is like filling a ship up with Myrtle Beach's finest and going away for a week with them.

That is completely accurate except the words that came out of my mouth were Carowinds instead of myrtle beach.

We took a 5 day with Carnival and it was great and we had a blast but by the 5th day I couldn't take any more fat, trashy people with their bratty ass fat kids .....the lines were killing me!

This NCL would be a 7 day but my boyfriend loved it and its the most cost effective way for us to go to the USVI

I'm fine with going again but I told him we had to spend more $$ (we literally got the best deal ever. It was $480 for the both of us on the 5 day and saved a lot by sneaking liquor on the ship)

I'm fine with going again but I told him we had to spend more $$ (we literally got the best deal ever. It was $480 for the both of us on the 5 day and saved a lot by sneaking liquor on the ship)

Holy crap......who did you have to kill to get that deal?

Archived