• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

carpanfan96

I agree that we will probably overpay Al Jeff. If we get him I will be shocked if it is for less than 15 mill per year. Shocked.

But unfortunately at this point we have to in order to sign anyone of significance. What incentive does a guy have to come to Charlotte right now if not for being paid more?

You guys want to keep saving money for people that aren't going to come here.

Paying above market value is our only leverage right now. But once we become competitive prices for FA will go down. You pay more now to save more later.

Otherwise we will always have 30 mill in cap "just in case"

He would be a great assset to have on the team, but not at max money.

I would also start him with Zeller because at first our defense would suck so bad that we would get in a big enough hole where we'd have a good draft pick... and maybe just maybe; by the end of the year, Zeller and Jefferson will have learned to play defense.

I agree that we will probably overpay Al Jeff. If we get him I will be shocked if it is for less than 15 mill per year. Shocked.

But unfortunately at this point we have to in order to sign anyone of significance. What incentive does a guy have to come to Charlotte right now if not for being paid more?

Paying above market value is our only leverage right now. But once we become competitive prices for FA will go down. You pay more now to save more later.

We don't have $30, we only have $16 and if you are going to overpay; overpay on someone worth it.

Give LBJ a 4 year/25M dollar contract.

The key is going to be, who loses the Dwight Howard sweepstakes and how interested will they be in Jefferson as plan B.

Exactly. Who ever loses on Howard is going to make a huge run at Al. It's better to get him now while he's at the cheap. Once Howard come off the market, Al is going to have more advantage over us. We're going to have to over pay him other than say a Houston, Dallas or Atlanta team.

I get your point teeray but, IMO, if you're going to give a guy max money, it better be the BEST guy on the market. I don't like D12 as a person/face of the franchise, but if we just want to indulge, offer HIM that money. He's the best big on the market with several teams pursuing him. That is the guy you over spend for, not the second tier big who hasn't even visited anyone else.

People are excited now because we're looking to spend but, when we're consistently making it as a #8 seed with Jefferson making max money and were strapped from signing anyone else, people are going to be mad at him.

Are we really talking about LBJ? C'mon now. We have a better crack at Howard than King James. Lmfao

I honestly don't think he would play for MJ's team. Not that I actually think he would play in charlotte anyways. But yeah I'm pretty sure he hates everyone comparing him to mj. And I'm sure he's heard MJ's remarks about him before. And to be honest. I don't think mj would even consider him Bc frankly I don't think mj likes him.

Are we really talking about LBJ? C'mon now. We have a better crack at Howard than King James. Lmfao

Since everyone seems to know where everyone is going in free agency next year, can I get the lotto numbers.

Most people didn't think Jefferson would give us the time of day...

Money will always get you places in a greed driven league like the NBA...

There is no reason to waste it all on a player that will be on the decline in two years.

AGREE!

Archived