• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Focused On Hainsey and Whitney

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey

Hearing Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford is focusing on landing a defenseman who takes less $. That's his #1 priority right now & nothing else.

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey

Been told 2 guys the Hurricanes are talking to are Ryan Whitney & Ron Hainsey. They'll only sign 1 of them, & less then their asking for.

I'm not really a fan of Whitney, but Hainsey is a stud and very underrated at that.

If we land Hainsey, I would be fine with moving Pitkanen for a nice winger and rolling with...

Hainsey - Faulk

Sekera - Gleason

Komisarek - Harrison

Murphy - Bellemore

I saw this post on HF Boards and liked the idea because it would give us a phenomenal defense...

I'm not sure if J.R. wants to spend to the limit, but if he does this would be a great idea...

Trade Harrison to free up enough cap room to sign Ron Hainsey and roll with the following line-up...

Line 1: Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin

Line 2: Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Tuomo Ruutu

Line 3: Patrick Dwyer - Elias Lindholm - Victor Rask

Line 4: Brett Sutter - Riley Nash - Kevin Westgarth

Extra: Jared Staal/ Zac Dalpe/ Aaron Palushaj

Line 1: Joni Pitkanen - Justin Faulk

Line 2: Ron Hainsey - Andrej Sekera

Line 3: Tim Gleason - Mike Komisarek

Extra: Brett Bellemore/ Mark Flood/ Ryan Murphy

Starter : Cam Ward

Back-Up: Anton Khudobin

Call Up: Justin Peters

That's not a bad roster makeup.

why can't JR ever put together a complete team? The last few years he was Forward crazy. Now he is Defense crazy. Lets hope he is looking for more forward help because Jesus Christ that is awful.

Lol, it's because he is a money ***** that never spends to the limit and when he does spend money he throws out ridiculous contracts to Tuomo Ruutu and Joni Pitkanen.

Archived