• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft 2009

Its The Milk

The Cbssports draft grades is funny on the Wolves trade. I'll post it in a minute.

Other thoughts

The Vince trade change the complexion of the draft from 11 back with them taking T. Will

I like the Henderson Pick, he was my 2nd favorite player in our reach. Good pick and will give the bench a scoring boost and a nice backcourt with Augustine.

Hansbrough is a good fit in Indy and will have a good first season coming off the bench as a energy guy. I'd say 6 - 8 points and 5 boards a game are a reasonable expectation unless he gets some major minutes. If he gets more minutes I could see 10 and 8 for him as averages.

Hoping we make a trade with our seconds to get back into the first round and grab a PF to back up Diaw.

The wolves had the worst draft I've seen, unless they make a trade. They had a chance to get some good players and be a good team in 4 years. Retarded.

Other thoughts

The Vince trade change the complexion of the draft from 11 back with them taking T. Will

I like the Henderson Pick, he was my 2nd favorite player in our reach. Good pick and will give the bench a scoring boost and a nice backcourt with Augustine.

Hansbrough is a good fit in Indy and will have a good first season coming off the bench as a energy guy. I'd say 6 - 8 points and 5 boards a game are a reasonable expectation unless he gets some major minutes. If he gets more minutes I could see 10 and 8 for him as averages.

Hoping we make a trade with our seconds to get back into the first round and grab a PF to back up Diaw.

Only if we could get Blair otherwise keep both of them.

Link

Twolves - trade to Denver Grade A

Analysis: Proposed deal with Denver bets on Charlotte's future. Gotta say: It doesn't look bright ... Too bad, because if NBA adds three-man weave to All-Star Weekend, Timberwolves would have been lock.

Our pick at 12

Gerald Henderson Grade D

Analysis: UNC connection (Raymond Felton, Sean May) hasn't panned out; going Duke direction makes even less sense ... Mediocre player joins mediocre team. Hey, that's heading in right direction in East.

Link

Twolves - trade to Denver Grade A

Analysis: Proposed deal with Denver bets on Charlotte's future. Gotta say: It doesn't look bright ... Too bad, because if NBA adds three-man weave to All-Star Weekend, Timberwolves would have been lock.

Our pick at 12

Gerald Henderson Grade D

Analysis: UNC connection (Raymond Felton, Sean May) hasn't panned out; going Duke direction makes even less sense ... Mediocre player joins mediocre team. Hey, that's heading in right direction in East.

Well it's easy to see that CBS Sports is anti-Bobcats, therefore they can shove their opinion up their a**.

SI gave the pick a grade 8/10

Charlotte stays in-state for the athletic swingman who made big improvements while at Duke. The Bobcats needed a long-term prospect and more scoring punch at shooting guard.

Link

Espn's Analyst.

Larry Brown loved Gerald Henderson from the first workout. He's a good athlete and excellent defender who could be the next Raja Bell. He's not a great shooter or a take-over offensive player, but I expect him to have a Raja-esque career.

Link

Marcus Thornton is in the draft right? He would be sweet IMO even though we just got Gerald. I might have a clouded opinion of him because I base it off of one game I saw where he completely dominated, especially from beyond the arc. Thoughts?

Umm, he did have some really good workouts and impressed a bunch of teams. If we maybe moved Raja I could see it, but I'm not sure about moving Raja. Otherwise I think were too guard heavy if we draft him. NO was suposedly interested in drafting him with their first rounder but they took Collison.

Archived