• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason "shocked" if Cam isn't a Captain this year

TheRumGone

My guess is that the captains on offense this year are Cam and Smitty.

Grossy has no ego... none.  I don't think he would take it as an insult for his "C" to pass on to his QB.  IMO, I think it would please him a little.

Smitty?  Yeah, I love him, but he's definitely got ego.  Doubt he would want to pass on his "C".

Grossy has no ego... none. I don't think he would take it as an insult for his "C" to pass on to his QB. IMO, I think it would please him a little.

Smitty? Yeah, I love him, but he's definitely got ego. Doubt he would want to pass on his "C".

I could see gross or smith doing it. Smith will probably use his vote for cam to be a captain

Grossy has no ego... none.  I don't think he would take it as an insult for his "C" to pass on to his QB.  IMO, I think it would please him a little.

Smitty?  Yeah, I love him, but he's definitely got ego.  Doubt he would want to pass on his "C".

My Exact thoughts. Well Done

Smitty specifically said in an interview with NFL recently that "to be honest, I didnt vote for himself".

Translation: 'I would normally vote for myself but I didnt. I should not be a captain over this guy that I voted for'

Knowing that, would Smith have been talking about Gross or Beason in this scenerio? No, he voted for Cam and not himself, allowing Gross to take the other spot. Yes he has an ego, youre right, as he admits in the quote sort of, but he also is saying that Cam should be a captain over himself. . . and could you seriously see yourself in Smitty's shoes without an ego? haha

Archived