• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

Sorry United fans, Cristiano says Old Trafford in the past, and agrees to a contract extension through 2018.  So much for that whole Bale is Ronaldo's replacement idea....

Well, Bale signed an extension a year ago, and look where he is now.  All this does is give Madrid a superior bargaining chip for when United inevitably comes calling after they fail to win the league this season.

Well, Bale signed an extension a year ago, and look where he is now.  All this does is give Madrid a superior bargaining chip for when United inevitably comes calling after they fail to win the league this season.

I doubt even United can afford what it would take to get Ronaldo if Bale cost 85 million pounds (it's really 77 with extra incentives based on his performance from what I've read, but whatever we'll let Tottenham call it the world record transfer). Still even at 77, Ronaldo would cost upwards of 125 million pounds I would think. HAHA good luck with that, and if you are willing to pay that United I'm sure Florentino would gladly sell him for that....

I doubt even United can afford what it would take to get Ronaldo if Bale cost 85 million pounds (it's really 77 with extra incentives based on his performance from what I've read, but whatever we'll let Tottenham call it the world record transfer). Still even at 77, Ronaldo would cost upwards of 125 million pounds I would think. HAHA good luck with that, and if you are willing to pay that United I'm sure Florentino would gladly sell him for that....

United could definitely afford his fee. Not to mention, he wouldn't have to sever 50% of his image rights, which could ultimately lead to him demanding a transfer. Also- I'm not sure he's too buddy-buddy with Bale.

I'm not saying it will even probably happen, I'm just saying contracts in European football mean nothing.

After Countinho went out, Liverpool fall apart.

Arsenal lost Cazorla until mid October. Arsenal plays Liverpool in the begging of November and by that time they should have back from injuries Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Diaby and Chamberlain.

It was before Coutinho went out. We had the lead starting the second half, so tactically BR called off. We haven't scored a second half goal this season.

UEFA Group stage opened yesterday. The most impressive performance has to be Real Madrid (and no I don't think I'm being biased). They went into Turkey and smacked Galatasaray to the tune of 6-1, including a hat trick from Cristiano Ronaldo. Bale also played for about 25 minutes, and looked very good despite not being able to play at full pace yet in my opinion.  Excited about this squad as they're still missing Marcelo, Coentrao, Varane, and Alonso.  They should continue to improve throughout La Liga & Champions League play.  Man U had a couple of warts in their match, but still got a solid two goal win.  PSG, City and Bayern also had dominating performances. Surprise of the day has to be Kobenhavn playing to a draw vs Juventus.  

Some big clubs in action today including Barcelona, Dortmund and Chelsea....

Archived