• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Golf: What's In The Bag?

DirtyMagic97

Just wondering what the huddle hacks hold in their bags.

I am about a scratch handicap. I get out for course play twice a week and hit the range twice a week.

Driver: TaylorMade R1

3 & 5 Wood: Rocketballz

Hybrid: Rocketballz Stage 2

Irons (3-PW): Cleveland CG1 Tour

Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52 & 58), Nike VR Forged (56), and Titleist SM4 Vokey (60)

Putter: ODYSSEY White Hot XG

One of my Cleveland 588 wedges is black pearl finish. DO NOT buy black pearl finish. Looks like crap in a month.

Y u no come to Wilmington and play?

Driver:  Taylormade Superfast 2.0 9.5* with XS Shaft

3W: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 S shaft

4 Hybrid:  Nike Rescue S shaft

4I - AW & SW:  Taylormade Burner 2.0 w/ steel S shafts

Lob Wedge:  Titleist Vokey 56*

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot XG Center shaft

I'll come to Wilmington to play. Oddly enough, for as much time as I used to spend there, I never played golf in Wilmington.

Whats the head like on your Superfast? I just got my R1 and the damned thing is monstrous. I think it's 460cc. I've always used PING drivers.  I think I hit the R1 ok, but I just feel odd swinging something that big.

I've been off the course for almost 2 years due to injury but am trying to come back this fall and if all goes well, I'll be updating some of my equipment.

D: TaylorMade R7 Draw 9-deg

3W: TaylorMade R7 Draw

5W: Adams Tight Lies (1st generation)

Irons: Cleveland TA6 w/1" added length (I switch between 3-iron and 5W depending where I'm playing)

Cleveland CG-15 50 degree

Cleveland CG-15 56 degree

Titleist Vokey 252-08 52 degree

Putter: Never Compromise ZI Kappa

And my wife is the GM/COO at a private CC in Rocky Mount if anyone would be willing to make the trip for a huddle outing...

It's big, it's like 450cc I think... they didn't quite max them out until the R11's came out I don't think.

My dad just got a Rocketballz 10.5 this weekend... I hit it Sunday and smoked it, but had to be careful because it has a regular shaft, easy for me to cut.

I really like the Superfast line... I can crush that 3W.  I was hitting it 265 off the deck Sunday.

Come on down...  I've been bugging SCP for years to come down and play.

It's big, it's like 450cc I think... they didn't quite max them out until the R11's came out I don't think.

My dad just got a Rocketballz 10.5 this weekend... I hit it Sunday and smoked it, but had to be careful because it has a regular shaft, easy for me to cut.

I really like the Superfast line... I can crush that 3W.  I was hitting it 265 off the deck Sunday.

Come on down...  I've been bugging SCP for years to come down and play.

Yea. Reg shafts are like swinging noodles to me.  I don't think I'm really a fan of these massive heads, but I guess that's where the game is going.  I tried out a RBZ Stage 2 and I really liked it.  I have to have it around 9* though.

My R7 has a 460 head on it and that pre-dates them all I think.

We may be able to put something together for the fall... but it is football season, unless you guys would consider a Saturday or weekday...

Rocky Mount is what, 2 hours for me?  I'd be down for a Saturday... how much $$$ we talking?

Doing a weekday right now is pretty sketchy... I've been really busy at work.

Archived