• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CO---Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly: The cornerstones of the Carolina Panthers future

teeray

No I am perfectly sober. 

Point still remains I am more confident in Luke becoming an elite MLB (already is) than I am of Cam becoming an elite QB. And to just assume without a doubt Cam will be an elite QB is a bit optimistic and likely setting yourself up for disappointment. 

I dont give a fug about any years or positions. It it what it is. 

Yes let's just completely ignore facts and different circumstances and throw out wild statements.

The facts are

1) Luke is further along at his position than Cam is. 

2) Cam has to improve considerably on his decision, footwork, consistency, and leadership if he wants to be in the elite discussion. 

Circumstances be damn. 

Wild statements lmao

Your opinions are not facts.

Feels like I'm talking to an uninformed ESPN analyst, and you're just reading recycled lines about Cam off a teleprompter.

These are facts buddy

2) Cam has to improve considerably on his decision, footwork, consistency, and leadership if he wants to be in the elite discussion. 

No if, and, buts about it. 

Not sure if I should lmao or smh at you trying to argue otherwise. 

I wanna play, I wanna play.

How many QBs have been called elite after 2 years. Um...

Cam has done marvelous things in his 2 years. If he continues to progress, he will be one of the best. Elite or not, he gonna be good.

Just because Cam does not complete 70% of his passes in a vertical passing scheme, he is not ever going to be elite? That is just silly. Very few vertical passers complete a high enough percentage of passes to look like a WCO QB.

Oh my, Cam ain't the best yet, so he probably will never be one of the best. That is either attention getting drivel, or you just do not understand our Offense. Or worse yet. Both.

Luke is a beast. Cam is a beast. Luke has fewer contemporaries so it is easier for him. There are a handful of great QBs. But as of right now, Cam is already in that next group.

I know it is late. But saying Cam has reached his ceiling is just plain silly. Which is what the OP is saying if he does not believe Cam is going to get there. He has done exceptionally well given his supporting system. Upgrade that system, and he will look as good as any QB out there. Maybe even better.

Cam is not perfect. Probably never will be. But if you don't believe he is going to be great. No one can convince you.

Goofy thread, goofier OP. But as my granddad always said. "I'm going upstairs and fug your grandma."

These are facts buddy

Dude...Just quit. I mean really. If Cam wan't a beast. There would be no RGknee or Kapernasty. He opened the door for all those guys.

If you think Cam has to improve CONSIDERABLY. No one is going to convince you otherwise. You will never admit to Cam being elite after this OP.

Man, you have to love this interwebz thingy. Without it, we would have missed this OP.

There are less MLBs than there are QBs. Kinda makes it easier for Luke to lead the pack. He IS a beast, but he leads a small pack.

I wanna play, I wanna play.

How many QBs have been called elite after 2 years. Um...

Cam has done marvelous things in his 2 years. If he continues to progress, he will be one of the best. Elite or not, he gonna be good.

Just because Cam does not complete 70% of his passes in a vertical passing scheme, he is not ever going to be elite? That is just silly. Very few vertical passers complete a high enough percentage of passes to look like a WCO QB.

Oh my, Cam ain't the best yet, so he probably will never be one of the best. That is either attention getting drivel, or you just do not understand our Offense. Or worse yet. Both.

Luke is a beast. Cam is a beast. Luke has fewer contemporaries so it is easier for him. There are a handful of great QBs. But as of right now, Cam is already in that next group.

I know it is late. But saying Cam has reached his ceiling is just plain silly. Which is what the OP is saying if he does not believe Cam is going to get there. He has done exceptionally well given his supporting system. Upgrade that system, and he will look as good as any QB out there. Maybe even better.

Cam is not perfect. Probably never will be. But if you don't believe he is going to be great. No one can convince you.

Goofy thread, goofier OP. But as my granddad always said. "I'm going upstairs and fug your grandma."

No one has said Cam has reached his potential, I certainly didnt atleast. 

Regardless of the circumstances Luke is further along than Cam and more complete at his position. 

I hope Cam becomes elite. Hopefully this year. 

I have no doubt a smart OC could make Cam great if not elite. I am not sure if Shula is that guy....

Dude...Just quit. I mean really. If Cam wan't a beast. There would be no RGknee or Kapernasty. He opened the door for all those guys.

If you think Cam has to improve CONSIDERABLY. No one is going to convince you otherwise. You will never admit to Cam being elite after this OP.

Man, you have to love this interwebz thingy. Without it, we would have missed this OP.

There are less MLBs than there are QBs. Kinda makes it easier for Luke to lead the pack. He IS a beast, but he leads a small pack.

Thats ok, Ill not quit. 

Yes, Cam opened the door. Does that make Cam elite or more complete at his position than Luke? NO. 

In order for Cam to be a elite (top 5) QB he will need to improve considerably (footwork, decision making, leadership, etc). What is Cam right now, middle of the pack? To get good, he doesnt have to improve much. To get top 5, yes he will need to make a pretty big step up. 

like they mentioned in the article, he shattered Manning's record for most passing yards in a QBs first two seasons....while attempting 106 fewer pass attempts than Manning.

if you can't see that he's on the path to becoming an elite QB, it's a good thing that you aren't an NFL scout.

Lol at thinking Cam's decision making is any where close to elite. 

We are going on year 3 and he still has footwork problems. Is that a 5 year course? 7? 

Cam has a lot of potential and I am glad he is our QB. He is not an elite QB right now and to just assume he will be might be setting yourself up for some disappointment.  

My comment still stands, I am not 100% sure Cam will become an elite QB. 

Zero doubt about Luke being an elite MLB. 

you're talking like one of them has already been to the pro bowl, while the other hasn't(Cam). Kuechly will probably get to the pro bowl this year(i like Cam's odds of making it again too).they're both badasses. sorry that you're too dense/stubborn to see it.

These are facts buddy

like they mentioned in the article, he shattered Manning's record for most passing yards in a QBs first two seasons....while attempting 106 fewer pass attempts than Manning.

if you can't see that he's on the path to becoming an elite QB, it's a good thing that you aren't an NFL scout.

Cam is def on the right track. All I am saying is he is not there yet, and that Luke is closer to that point at his respected position. 

Thats ok, Ill not quit. 

Yes, Cam opened the door. Does that make Cam elite or more complete at his position than Luke? NO. 

In order for Cam to be a elite (top 5) QB he will need to improve considerably (footwork, decision making, leadership, etc). What is Cam right now, middle of the pack? To get good, he doesnt have to improve much. To get top 5, yes he will need to make a pretty big step up. 

Oh my god, Are you seriously calling Cam, the qb with the most passing yards in his first 2 seasons in the history of the NFL, middle of the pack? And that is without even mentioning his out of this world rushing and scrambling and ability.

You sound like one of the talking heads on ESPN just blabbering about some QB, that you've never actually seen in live action. We all knew Cam was a project when we drafted him, but none of us knew that he was this good. Im sick of listening to people like you doubting Cam over and over.

And shut up with your double standard will you? Cam has proven more at this lvl than Luke has so far (not saying that Luke doesn't look like an all timer). Judging Luke from a pre-season game where he looked fantastic, which is what it sounds like you are doing, is just plain stupid. Especially when you are using it as an argument to discredit Cam Newton, who in my opinion has the most talent of any QB the league has ever seen.. 

Archived