• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton's Law

bleys

FOX pregame has us losing. Man, do we really have such a bad team?

No...Seattle is just that good.  This is going to be a tough one.  Even without Avril and Browner.  

Don't really understand all the people saying we will dominate them or blow them out.  It could certainly happen but I don't see it.  If we win we'll have to give Cam plenty of time and a clean pocket to work from on offense and shut down the run and pressure Wilson on defense, aside from the pressure that other stuff hasn't really happened so far this year.

No...Seattle is just that good.  This is going to be a tough one.  Even without Avril and Browner.  

Don't really understand all the people saying we will dominate them or blow them out.  It could certainly happen but I don't see it.  If we win we'll have to give Cam plenty of time and a clean pocket to work from on offense and shut down the run and pressure Wilson on defense, aside from the pressure that other stuff hasn't really happened so far this year.

But knowing how every football year is different, I am surprised they are not taking that into consideration. This same Seattle team that is being predicted to win the SB was just like us 7-9 the season prior. They became contenders by adding pieces, we have also added pieces this offseason.

Listen, I know we have not done much but I watched us compete last year in every single game. Every single one and that is the only reason I know we are a good team!

But knowing how every football year is different, I am surprised they are not taking that into consideration. This same Seattle team that is being predicted to win the SB was just like us 7-9 the season prior. They became contenders by adding pieces, we have also added pieces this offseason.

Listen, I know we have not done much but I watched us compete last year in every single game. Every single one and that is the only reason I know we are a good team!

I agree but you also have to consider how we've played out of the gates the last few years.  Coaching mistakes, sloppy play, seemingly uninspired, poor game planning.  All of that falls on the coaching, which unfortunately was the one thing we didn't upgrade during the offseason.

You could say that the Seahawks could play poorly bc of the 1 oclock time and being a west coast team but I'm sure they will be jacked up for the first game of the season.  No real grind yet from tons of travel.

I get the predictions, but I also get the upset predictions as well.  Think Schefter and several others have done so.  I am just not as overwhelmingly confident as some of the guys are around here.

I agree but you also have to consider how we've played out of the gates the last few years.  Coaching mistakes, sloppy play, seemingly uninspired, poor game planning.  All of that falls on the coaching, which unfortunately was the one thing we didn't upgrade during the offseason.

You could say that the Seahawks could play poorly bc of the 1 oclock time and being a west coast team but I'm sure they will be jacked up for the first game of the season.  No real grind yet from tons of travel.

I get the predictions, but I also get the upset predictions as well.  Think Schefter and several others have done so.  I am just not as overwhelmingly confident as some of the guys are around here.

I think solely blaming the coaching is a bad excuse. Take our first game against ATL. Cam fumbles and we know what happens from there. Our game against Seattle. Fourth and 1 and Cam throws into the dirt. If Cam can improve just a little, this is going to be different. I am positive that he can and I guess we are going to find out. Coaching has not been superior but our players have also made costly mistakes.

Archived