• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers blog previews Panthers defense

countryboi

Why do you guys concentrate so much energy on if Kuechly is better than Willis? It's funny...whenever I'm on the board of a team who has a guy they think is good at a position they always feel the need to tell me how much better their guy is. Here it's Cam>Kap and Kuechly>Willis.

Here I can play too.....

These guys...

hi-res-6420724_display_image.jpg?1346201

> Every other LB corps in the NFL.

Lol why are people thinking our defenses are so different because we're base 4-3 and they are 3-4? Most defenses (including ours) statistically ran nickel packages more than any other formation last year so classifying yourself as either 3-4 or 4-3 is quickly becoming antiquated anyway.

Why do you guys concentrate so much energy on if Kuechly is better than Willis? It's funny...whenever I'm on the board of a team who has a guy they think is good at a position they always feel the need to tell me how much better their guy is. Here it's Cam>Kap and Kuechly>Willis.

Here I can play too.....

These guys...

hi-res-6420724_display_image.jpg?1346201

> Every other LB corps in the NFL.

3-4 vs a 4-3....two completely different conversations. Saying one is better than the other is meaningless bc they don't compare.

Lol why are people thinking our defenses are so different because we're base 4-3 and they are 3-4? Most defenses (including ours) statistically ran nickel packages more than any other formation last year so classifying yourself as either 3-4 or 4-3 is quickly becoming antiquated anyway.

When talking about a collective LB corp....they have clear differences and the guys simply can't just translate from one to the other

When talking about a collective LB corp....they have clear differences and the guys simply can't just translate from one to the other

Perhaps in some 3-4s, but I don't think that's the case for the Niners.

Aldon seldom drops in coverage and moves all over the line. It's usually only 2 or 3 of those guys back in coverage on passing downs.

On run downs I think its harder in a 3-4 because there are fewer D-Linemen to eat up blocks of offensive linemen...IE, those LBs more often have to take on blocks by guys who outweight them bu 60+ lbs. Ray Lewis HATED the 3-4 when Nolan was the DC in Baltimore.

Archived