• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pass Rush

Lilsmitty09

There were definitely missed calls both ways last night... None of which overly affected the final outcome of the game. I did feel that it was slightly tilted in favor of the Saints, but again nothing overly outrageous.

We did just get beat, no other way to say it, but as I said in the thread in the NFL forum, the officiating overall this season has been terrible.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

...but as I said in the thread in the NFL forum, the officiating overall this season has been terrible.

And on that, we can clearly agree.  I'm sure you guys didn't notice the Saints' receivers magically stretching jerseys just as I guess I must not have noticed all of the offensive line holding that apparently was going on, but we all notice how consistently inconsistent officiating has been as a whole.

Please don't see this as flame-bait...I'm definitely not trolling, although after last night I'll certainly understand the replies I'm sure I'm going to get to this. It's just an outside observation. Why do you think it is that such a seemingly high percentage (compared the other fan bases in the NFC South, anyway) of the members of Panther Nation have such a persecution complex? By that I mean why does the perception hold among those members of the Bucs, Falcons, and Saints boards that I've chatted with that there is a higher percentage of Panther fans than there is of the fans of the other teams that seem to have this deep-seated feeling that they're always being singled out for unfair treatment?

Clearly, this isn't an indictment of the vast majority of a fan base; many posters on this board make it a point to dissuade those of whom I'm speaking from seizing on convenient but suspect excuses. And it's by no means restricted to Panther fans. I'm sure I could have found more than one poster on the Saints board last week complaining about Saints receivers being manhandled throughout their routes by Seahawk DBs. But for the most part the posters took the same attitude as the Saints broadcaster who said even if the DB tackles the receiver with the ball on the way, it's not interference unless it draws a flag--so you as a unit do whatever you can until you can't get away with it anymore. Sort of like the Panthers DBs last night, who clearly were drilled with game tapes from the Saints-Seahawks game. Grab the jersey, slap at the arms, hook the waist...if you're being held as the ball's on the way, it's up to you as the receiver to learn how to nudge that arm off of you if it's not going to be called. You guys should recognize that--Steve Smith's been a master of it forever now.

No, what I'm contending is that the reputation around the rest of the division, which is probably only based on the sure-fire appearance after a loss of posts like the above and threads like "the hit that could end Stewart's career", is that there are way too many Panther fans who find it impossible to admit when their heroes are beaten that it might have been just that--they were beaten. Like the Saints were just flat out beaten last Monday night. There always seems to have to be some nefarious reason..."the referees stole the game from us...the other team played dirty and cheated...the league just doesn't want us to win". Again, let me repeat in the strongest terms, those posters are definitely the outliers, and it's clear that more level-headed posters make efforts to police the wildest "conspiracy theory" posts. For example, the vast majority of posts on the "Stewart injury" thread make pains to point out that when a big RB drops the shoulder to run you over about all you have left as a DB is to go low. But there must be a reason that even the Falcons board (where sometimes it seems you have to prove you're a jerk to register) members feel there's more whining after a loss here than elsewhere in the South. And clearly the Saints board has it's own share of idiots. Oddly (or maybe not so oddly), I find the Bucs board to have the most reliably level-headed posters of all.

Well, go ahead and start the indignant reactions. Or not. I understand either way. I'd have been fighting the urge to call any Seahawk poster an ass if he'd come to the Saints board last Tuesday and posted a similar "diatribe" as I've done here...but would have been just as unsurprised to see it followed by a short post directing him to get lost and then no more references to the post. The intention was more to explain a reason behind any unwarranted poor treatment legitimate Panther posters may get on the other teams boards than anything else.

Good luck this week, and see you guys in two.

Y'all punched us in the mouth and we were not able to get back up last night. Great win for you guys. See y'all in two weeks.

Y'all punched us in the mouth and we were not able to get back up last night. Great win for you guys. See y'all in two weeks.

I ain't even looking for the "punched us in the mouth" bit here...there's no need to offer anything like that, and it's not like a team's fan base should be expected to make even a mild "supplication" to an opponent on their own board.  Just not the same tired "the refs stole it from us" or "they cheated against us" that gets so old so fast. 

You have my respect even though there is no earthly reason whether you have my respect or not should make the least bit of difference to you.

I ain't even looking for the "punched us in the mouth" bit here...there's no need to offer anything like that, and it's not like a team's fan base should be expected to make even a mild "supplication" to an opponent on their own board. Just not the same tired "the refs stole it from us" or "they cheated against us" that gets so old so fast.

You have my respect even though there is no earthly reason whether you have my respect or not should make the least bit of difference to you.

I hate you guys to death. But, anyone who watched the damn game last night knew we got our @ss whopped by a better team last night, not bc of the refs, etc. kudo to you guys but we will be ready in two weeks.

I ain't even looking for the "punched us in the mouth" bit here...there's no need to offer anything like that, and it's not like a team's fan base should be expected to make even a mild "supplication" to an opponent on their own board.  Just not the same tired "the refs stole it from us" or "they cheated against us" that gets so old so fast. 

Good god your typing style is pretentious as fug bro, ease off.

I hate you guys to death. But, anyone who watched the damn game last night knew we got our @ss whopped by a better team last night, not bc of the refs, etc. kudo to you guys but we will be ready in two weeks.

I don't doubt there will be a different ebb and flow to the second game.  There always is.  Hell, we're certainly praying for that should we manage to meet the Seahawks again in the playoffs.  LOL

Archived